Taking the DAT on July 2014 Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlvaDentistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my Dear Future Dentists,

I am also studying for the DAT. Lets support each other and answer the following questions:

1. How are you feeling?
2. For how long have you studied/do you plan to study for?
3. Weakest area/areas.
4. Materials that you are using.
5. Things that have helped you on the way.
6. Any additional info you might have. For instance anyone you know who has taken the DAT recently and have tips, motivational stories etc...

Add more questions if you have!

I wish you all the best and a "stress-free" time before the DAT (it seems impossible huh?)

:woot:

Members don't see this ad.

If you're feeling anxious, just do what I've done. Find all the money you can, and apply broadly so it doesn't feel like this test determines your life. But then again, I'm out of 1600$... so it'll be crackers and ramen for a while :thumbdown:

Reactions: 1 user
If you're feeling anxious, just do what I've done. Find all the money you can, and apply broadly so it doesn't feel like this test determines your life. But then again, I'm out of 1600$... so it'll be crackers and ramen for a while :thumbdown:

crackers and ramen for now... but later wine and steak for life

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys feel about the QR section? I have been practicing but still very time consuming ? Do you think all sections are equally weighed ?

Hello folks!
So I will the DAT at the end of this month! Super nervous but Im kinda confident on most of the subjects - except for RC >.< sigh....my worst fear!
I'm using CDP, bradon, chad, kaplan, dat cracker, chad vids, and DAT destroyer.
I was also wondering if anyone willing to share their Qvault account (just for 2 weeks!)? In exchange, I will give you mine datcracker.com/chad account :D ( I'm sorry if its not appropriate to post this here)

gl everyone!

Well I take it on Wednesday 16th at 11am..
I am freaking out

My BC test scores have been weird...ranging from 16-20 in the same subjects (e.g. 16-20 in GC)

This makes me wonder that the whole idea of the DAT can be deceiving. think about it. a 20 vs a 17 in any subject can be the difference of like 6 questions.. So if you have a bad day, you answer 6 extra wrong, and you get a 17 = no Dental school..... sigh..

Im trying to focus on my weaknesses, and im going through Chads quizzes and BC...Please pray for me

Last edited:
H
I am freaking out

My BC test scores have been weird...ranging from 16-20 in the same subjects (e.g. 16-20 in GC)

This makes me wonder that the whole idea of the DAT is BS. think about it. a 20 vs a 17 in any subject can be the difference of like 6 questions.. So if you have a bad day, you answer 6 extra wrong, and you get a 17 = no Dental school..... sigh..

Im trying to focus on my weaknesses, and im going through Chads quizzes and BC...Please pray for me
Hey Colombia,
Try not to look at the scores so much because you will go crazy. I am trying to ignore them. And yes, its a lot about luck too, not only about knowledge.

I am freaking out

This makes me wonder that the whole idea of the DAT is BS. think about it. a 20 vs a 17 in any subject can be the difference of like 6 questions.. So if you have a bad day, you answer 6 extra wrong, and you get a 17 = no Dental school..... sigh..

I tried not to let my BC or DAT destroyer scores get me down. Just think of it as practice and every practice is good :)

guys, my focus is 0% right now :( what do I do? I am 8 days away :(

I think we all get to that point when we feel ready with a little time leftover. Not ready ready, but the, I want to get this over with already. I always wondered why there were so many pre-dents on sdn helping others out when they could be studying or improving something of their own. I'm now at that point where I'm one of them. My DAT is in 7 days, but my motivation to improve is hindered by the boring repetition of seeing everything over and over again. Whenever I go through practice material, I'm just like... how many times?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think we all get to that point when we feel ready with a little time leftover. Not ready ready, but the, I want to get this over with already. I always wondered why there were so many pre-dents on sdn helping others out when they could be studying or improving something of their own. I'm now at that point where I'm one of them. My DAT is in 7 days, but my motivation to improve is hindered by the boring repetition of seeing everything over and over again. Whenever I go through practice material, I'm just like... how many times?!

I went through this too. So try to change things up. Like watch videos for bio. I was reading bio notes before and so this helped me. The last week is the hardest but you can do it! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I have ever studied this hard for anything in my life
:p
Not even for inorganic chem and biophysical chem/labs? Those classes were hard...and now this DAT... I wonder when I will start fully enjoying my life (because these past two years haven't been fun!) lol I just hope I get out of the exam with the scores I deserve for being dumb and doing a chem major.

Today I have felt tired for the past weeks I've been studying, but I don't feel ready yet. I cant get tired yet! I should get tired AFTER i take the exam.

@AlvaDentistry If you're dumb for doing a chem major then I must be absolutely vapid for being a psych major. :wacky:
At least you learned a little bit about dealing with emotions, stress etc... Me... scary labs, scary labs, stress, crazy formulas, more scary labs and 20 paper lab reports every week...
For not being a psych major I dealt with a great amount of craziness lol

@NilocDent Not me!

Who's ready to dominate this test?? ;)
it's a 50/50 situation, im either gonna destroy it :) or get destroyed by it :( im gonna have a bottle of wine to either celebrate right after or drink until i pass out and forget about it

Reactions: 2 users
okay so my test is tomorrow, I feel ready for everything at this point.. my plan for today is to skim through Feralis notes, go over a couple flashcards, go over all Chad's notes and some orgo reaction, and then go over specific subjects on qvault?

any suggestions? or tips on something I could do just today and get me 30 tomorrow? my test is at 1:30 btw

@7amsho you need lots of sleep!!! its a longgggg test, and so the last two sections will be really hard to focus if you lack of sleep!!! at this point dont try to remember too much stuffs, just relax! GL to you !!!!

okay so my test is tomorrow, I feel ready for everything at this point.. my plan for today is to skim through Feralis notes, go over a couple flashcards, go over all Chad's notes and some orgo reaction, and then go over specific subjects on qvault?

any suggestions? or tips on something I could do just today and get me 30 tomorrow? my test is at 1:30 btw
Good Luck @7amsho !!! Something you can do to get a 30 is hack their computers tomorrow morning during the first examination, review the right answers, and click on those during your test in the afternoon.

n of course, share them later with your sdn buddies
:luck:

Last edited:
1. crappy lol I just hope I won't get questions that I didn't focus on, while I focused on many others
2. since end of May, I have 2 more weeks :D
3. RC :( I keep getting 18-20 on practice tests.. and around 19-20 on bio and chem
4. right now: qVault, destroyer, Feralis notes
5. Bootcamp, Feralis, CDP, CHAD!!!!! and 1000+ flashcards
6. none... watch the World Cup if you need to procrastinate!!!!!!!! Today's match was awesome! Go GERMANY
This is exactly me...

Guys do any of you know how deeply we need to know photosynthesis: light rxns, dark rxns, calvin cycle etc?

Bootcamp TFE questions..... >.< does anyone have techniques for this?

Last edited:
Guys I took my DAT today and I have to say that Ive never felt so relieved. I was extremely nervous about it, and Im super glad its done. I ended up with a AA 20/ TS 21 / PAT 20. Cheers to those who are finally done with this piece of hell called the DAT, and keep up the work for those who have yet to take it

Reactions: 1 users
confidence guys, confidence. keep working at those problems and work out the kinks in your vast (and yes, I mean VAST) knowledge. you guys know more than you think you know. best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
Take mine July 29th! Who's with me??

I'm feeling pretty good about the sciences except biology which I don't feel bad about, but there's so much that I feel like a year of studying multiple resources might not even completely prepare you for that section. Feel decent about 'the other 3' sections that I've not neglected, but I've also not spent a load of time on them like I have the sciences. The PAT is probably my weakest section but my state school told me they hardly look at that score so I just want a 20 or so. I still have over a week so I'm thinking a PAT test a day will keep the 'teens' away.

What I'm worried about...getting a 'hard' test and it being heavy in the concepts I might not be as strong in. I tend to have poor luck with that sometimes but it's probably just paranoia. Also, me feeling confident is not a good thing for my study time and effectiveness. I've been going STRONG (9-10 hours a day with literally hardly any distractions or time wasting) for the last two months but the last couple of days have been rough just cause I'm feeling good about the sciences and really don't 'enjoy' studying QR and PAT like I enjoy science.

Anyways, this was more of an unloading of my own thoughts than a request for help so good luck to everyone taking the DAT soon and hope to see lots of good breakdowns!

Oh I have a question...I understand that your standardized DAT scores are based off of percentiles. So you are pretty much compared to other students and that's how you get your score but how does that work exactly? Am I 'compared' to all the students that take the DAT this year? Or all the students that have taken the DAT ever or what? Hopefully it doesn't go. By month cause I've seen like 6 or 7 25+ geniuses in the last two weeks haha. Darn you and your high scores.

Me :hello:

How ready do you feel?? :nailbiting:
YES I found a frand! Haha, not sure man. The sections I am worrying the most are the PAT/RC. My average PAT bootcamp score was 19 with about three 20s through tests 1-9. I plan on doing a very light review of QR on Tuesday, then otherwise relaxing. What time are you taking your test? Mine is at 12:45 est.

Does anyone on here know what the QR is like or have heard from anyone about the QR? That's my weakest point... :/

Does anyone on here know what the QR is like or have heard from anyone about the QR? That's my weakest point... :/
I wonder too, because its one of the lowest for most of the people who take it (what I have noticed). I hope its not that bad :xf: