Taking classes pass/no pass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icedblackcoffee

Reaction score
My school is on the quarter system. I have two classes left in order to graduate. I'm planning on taking two other classes in order to have the minimum units to qualify for financial aid. The two other classes are both 2 units each and pass/no pass. Does pass/no pass look bad when you're applying to schools even if you have completed all the other requirements? Also if I decided to only take two classes and am considered half-time, will this look bad as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it looks bad by any means, but usually pass/fail classes don't add (or detract) anything from your GPA. Especially if your GPA is at or below average, it might be worth considering graded courses if you can realistically get an A. But if you're happy with all that and interested in the material taught in these pass/fail courses, I don't see why you couldn't take them. I don't think being a half-time student would be bad either, particularly if that frees you up for a job/additional vet experience or other extracurricular activities.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think it looks bad by any means, but usually pass/fail classes don't add (or detract) anything from your GPA. Especially if your GPA is at or below average, it might be worth considering graded courses if you can realistically get an A. But if you're happy with all that and interested in the material taught in these pass/fail courses, I don't see why you couldn't take them. I don't think being a half-time student would be bad either, particularly if that frees you up for a job/additional vet experience or other extracurricular activities.
awesome thank you!