Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Match 2019/2020.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolverinepwns

Si vis pacem, para bellum
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
figured I'd start this up.

I don't expect to see any invites till March/April but good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Wish we had a thread like this last year. Seemed like there hadn't been one for years. I went through the match (successfully) last year and would be happy to answer any questions.

Last year I submitted my application on 1/14 and got my first interview offer on 1/16 for a date in March. It's a long season, definitely a marathon and not a sprint. Good luck everyone!

Let me know if you have any questions about programs. It’s been a couple of years, but I went and saw a ton of places

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know if you have any questions about programs. It’s been a couple of years, but I went and saw a ton of places
Any questions you found particularly useful? Worth asking programs about potential operative time?
Any programs that seemed exploitative or malignant to watch out for?

I'm applying to both SCC and ACS.

Which programs has everyone heard from? I applied late, so I'm hoping I didn't miss out on too many. Also, is there a centralized list somewhere with interview dates?

Any questions you found particularly useful? Worth asking programs about potential operative time?
Any programs that seemed exploitative or malignant to watch out for?

I'm applying to both SCC and ACS.

Just ones that will help you determine if it’s the right fit for you. What you’re looking for is not necessarily the same as the person next to you. Usually programs are pretty forthcoming whether or not you get to operate. Exploitative is a relative term...I felt that it was exploitative to do a two year fellowship, take your PDs call, have attending level responsibility and get paid as a trainee. Others might find this to be an important part of their fellowship experience