Summer Research Application and Acceptance Thread ( SPUR, SURF, SURP, SIP, AMGEN, LA etc.) 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Vanderbilt's UCRIP?

Members don't see this ad.

dang. you all sound so smart wow. I applied to VSSA but I feel like I have less of a chance than I thought I had LOL. I'm a sophomore
Always apply broadly. Typically at least 7-15 institutions. Dont be shy about LORs. Gotta play the game. :) good luck

Reactions: 1 user
anyone heard from CSHL or anyone applied to CSHL? Sorry I asked this three times but no one seems to have mentioned CSHL.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone heard from CSHL or anyone applied to CSHL? Sorry I asked this three times but no one seems to have mentioned CSHL.
I applied to CSHL. I contacted them a little while ago and they said that all applicants will be notified by the end of March.

I applied to CSHL. I contacted them a little while ago and they said that all applicants will be notified by the end of March.
yeah that's what they told me too. However, I think that's just their "official words". I got rejection March 15 last year and I know they sent out invitation earlier than that last year.

Has anyone done the Cincinnati Children's SURF in the past? I had an interview with one mentor, but I'm not sure if all mentors do interviews or if other people just get emails from the program saying they got in. Hate this weird limbo period

Is anyone doing the Yale NIDDK program? Think it's called SUMR now

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to:
Sloan Kettering (2/28)
St Jude POE (2/14)
OU CURE (2/28)
MD Anderson CPRIT CURE (2/14)
Vanderbilt VICC CURE (2/7)

Did anyone apply to the Lurie Cancer Center CURE/have any info about it or their decisions timeline???

Did anyone apply to the IOWA SROP/have any info about it or their decisions timeline???

Anyone hear about SHURP Harvard?

Has anyone gotten a rejection from Johns Hopkins SIP? The deadline to hear back was March 1st and I have heard nothing.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone gotten a rejection from Johns Hopkins SIP? The deadline to hear back was March 1st and I have heard nothing.

they may do silent rejections. I was accepted to 2 SIPs and didn’t hear from the 3rd. People have already heard acceptances from that 3rd I was waiting on.

• Sad
Just got accepted into the mayo clinic surf aaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3/2

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
They appointed me a mentor for mayo should I email them or wait for them to email me?

Got into UCLA SPUR - 3/2
:))))))))

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone apply to the IOWA SROP/Duke SROP/ Augusta STAR program have any info about it or their decisions timeline???

Rejected from UCSF (03/01) and Accepted into LSUHSC Summer Fellowship (03/03). Already committed to NIH SIP.

Has anyone on the cprit-cure waitlist received a decision already?

Just got accepted to emory superr 3/4 I hate that I got accepted into two great internships at the same time ;( I am picking the mayo clinic but gosh dangit I wish I had applied to emory last summer to experience both. But I guess you can't always have all your cake and eat it.

Got into Stanford SSRP! Apparently they sent out an email on 3/3 but I never received anything. Wouldn't hurt to reach out to double check guys!

P.S. Did anyone hear back from Stanford Amgen? My letter said SSRP scholar, it probably would have said Amgen scholar if I'd gotten in right?

Got into Stanford SSRP! Apparently they sent out an email on 3/3 but I never received anything. Wouldn't hurt to reach out to double check guys!

P.S. Did anyone hear back from Stanford Amgen? My letter said SSRP scholar, it probably would have said Amgen scholar if I'd gotten in right?
Congrats! I applied to Stanford SSRP as well and I reached out to them to expedite my status since I have an upcoming offer deadline. They have rolling admissions through the month of march so I guess I'm technically on their waitlist since they didn't directly reject me? And it was my understanding that Stanford Amgen and SSRP were the same program but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Got into Mayo SURF, does anyone know anything about it (other than website info, like if you know someone who has done it already)?

Got into:
Yale SURF
John Hopkins SIP (several)
Yale NIDDK
NYU Neuroscience SURP
AMGEN Caltech (got an offer due to upcoming deadline)
I chose AMGEN and all the schools were super nice about me choosing the AMGEN program. Really happy how especially Hopkins seemed to be supportive and asked me apply next year :)
Lmk if I can be of any help

Got into:
Yale SURF
John Hopkins SIP (several)
Yale NIDDK
NYU Neuroscience SURP
AMGEN Caltech (got an offer due to upcoming deadline)
I chose AMGEN and all the schools were super nice about me choosing the AMGEN program. Really happy how especially Hopkins seemed to be supportive and asked me apply next year :)
Lmk if I can be of any help
Congrats! When did you hear from NYU Neuro