Submitting a Resume with Atlantic Bridge Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmccarthy781

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So, I'm to be graduating with a B.S. in biochemistry in May from my college in America. I am going to submit my application to the Atlantic Bridge Program to attend medical school in Ireland very soon; however, I realized that they allow you to submit a resume as well. Do many people send a resume along with their application? I feel as though I already spoke about my achievements and extracurricular activities in my application, and I went into alot of detail about my academic accomplishments in my personal statement. Wouldn't a resume just be redundant?

I don't know if it matters, but my gpa is 3.75, and I have not taken the MCAT, and for the time being I do not plan to.

Is it worth it to attach a resume?

Thanks!
Mike

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone,
So, I'm to be graduating with a B.S. in biochemistry in May from my college in America. I am going to submit my application to the Atlantic Bridge Program to attend medical school in Ireland very soon; however, I realized that they allow you to submit a resume as well. Do many people send a resume along with their application? I feel as though I already spoke about my achievements and extracurricular activities in my application, and I went into alot of detail about my academic accomplishments in my personal statement. Wouldn't a resume just be redundant?

I don't know if it matters, but my gpa is 3.75, and I have not taken the MCAT, and for the time being I do not plan to.

Is it worth it to attach a resume?

Thanks!
Mike

I would attach a resume. If they are willing to take one, it doesn't hurt. I can't see a properly written and formatted resume from ever hurting your application.

I submitted mine. Its contents seemed to come up quite a bit in my interview 2 years ago, so it only helped me.

Just a thought in case you hadn't realized - if you're not taking the MCAT, you aren't able to apply for any of the 4 year medical programs through ABP. If you already knew this, carry on :)

Anyone mind if I bump this thread back to life? (I just did this in another AB thread too). I have a few STATs questions, rather than resume/app ones.

I'm applying to three 5-year programs via Atlantic Bridge and I'd really love it if anyone accepted within the past 5 cycles (to anywhere, lol) would mind sharing their stats (GPA, sGPA, ecs)? Also, their experiences with interviews, etc. The GPA range for acceptance seems super varied and although I'll remain positive, I'm a bit concerned for myself LOL! I've good experience and ECs, although won't be taking the MCAT in time for this cycle. I actually have a BS (GPA=3.54) and an MS (GPA=3.83) in a natural sciences area (aka not biomedical related). My BPCM-GPA atm is around 3.19 (all As and Bs, but messed up in two physics courses with Cs, two chem courses D and a C+, and two calc courses Ds). But, I'm actually enrolled in a part-time post bacc program now, fixing my chem grades and eventually my physics ones. If I am accepted, I'll be finished 'fixing' poor grades before attending. Do they take postbacc into account?

Ah! So many questions! Is anyone willing to share some info with me? I'd also love to pester you about what you're enjoying and what you find challenging at any of the schools associated with AB. :D