Subject Detail

glitterbelle

~
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have been studying all the required subjects from an MCAT book and I know I will need to go into more detail for certain areas (esp. Biology) but I'm not sure how much!?!?:confused:

I guess there are a couple topics that I'm not sure how much or how little detail to go into:
- Muscles~ are we expected to know all the muscles names and locations in the body or just how muscles work
- 5 Kingdom system~ I know that we should know what Kingdom everything belongs to but do we also need to know phylum...etc.

That's all I can think of for now, but if anyone else has questions about details please feel free to post your questions here!! And for anyone who knows the answers PLEASE help!!!:D THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

My test just had stuff on kingdoms.

As far as muscles, just know the types and the parts of the sarcomere. You don't need to know their location and all those crazy details.

As far as muscles, just know the types and the parts of the sarcomere. You don't need to know their location and all those crazy details.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would know a few phyla and the organisms that belong to those phyla. There will probably be only like one question on this type of subject matter, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. I can't remember the question that was on my OAT but I think it was harder than just knowing the kingdoms.

hmm i think you should not have to study all the mcat= that;s overload but i think going into crazy details is unec

The way I remember it, the computerized test I took on Biology was not very specific on the how or the why. It's basically various facts thrown at you in straight-forward manner, and you usually know the answer (or not) right away (i.e. "what is genetic drift," or, "what phylum does this organism belong to," etc.) I, too, studied a bit from the MCAT biology book and it was not necessary. If your study time is limited, just remember facts and don't worry too much about the mechanisms. "Jack of all trades, master of none" is the motto you should use when studying for biology (not applicable in other sections, understandably.) Don't worry, the test itself is easier than the practice tests. Good luck!