OAT Subject Review

aspiringdocfingerscrossed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm beginning to prep for the OAT -- I plan to give myself 3 months to study and take the test in late August. I am only confident in my general chemistry skills. It's been quite a while since I've taken Biology, and Physics has always been a weak spot. I will be taking Organic Chemistry over summer so I plan to review it last, halfway through the summer class.

My question is: should I study Biology and Physics chapters on alternate days, or should I spend a few weeks studying for Bio and then spend a few weeks studying Physics? Is it better to tackle one subject at a time and completely finish content review, then move on to the next subject? Or should I study both subjects together?

I currently have the OAT Destroyer books and Kaplan Review Notes, but I'm considering doing a self-paced Kaplan course. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I find it easier to alternate studying chapters because it's easier for me to remember the concepts if I am not cramming them all in a week - plus I get bored easily of one subject. I had the Kaplan book and I found that physics wasn't helpful at all - they didn't explain the concepts clearly and the OAT had about half conceptual questions. I would recommend the Princeton "Cracking the OAT" book since it's devoted mainly to physics. Likewise, I have heard really good things about Chad's videos on coursesaver!

Reactions: 1 user