Other OT-Related Information Studying in a dysfunctional family environment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmiscassie92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would recommend moving in with your boyfriend just out of convenience. Go on craigslist for your area and search for rooms to rent, I've found some really cheap places that were not in the bad part of town that way. When it comes times for OT school you can take out grad plus loans to pay living expenses with (fyi if you have anything on your credit report in collections they will deny you for grad plus loans even though they are through the government so call and make arrangements to pay as little as $25 a month and get stuff out of collections now!) Send me a pm and let me know how things go for you and I'll be praying for your situation

Def do all you can to move out if you think it would benefit you, OT school is very difficult. Trust me, I was dismissed( technically i withdrew) due to low grades.

Many many many many people live on their loan money. Do what is best for your future.