Studying for OAT

winter25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! So I'll be taking the OAT July 7th. I studied for & took the MCAT last year, so I'm hoping this will be a somewhat similar experience.

I'm just beginning my studying, but so far I'm using the Kaplan blue book & looking into purchasing a subscription for Chad's videos. Do you think that would be enough to study from? Also, should I ignore some of Kaplan's sections and only focus on Chad's stuff for certain subjects?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I took the OAT last summer and I solely relied on the Kaplan review notes book, the Kaplan lesson book and the book with a bunch of practice sections.
I found that this was enough to give me a decent score of 360 AA and 390 TS.
I never used Chad's videos, but I wouldn't recommend skipping a section unless you're confident you know the material inside and out.
Also, I highly recommend practicing the Reading Comprehension section; I underestimated that section but it ended up being my lowest score!
Best of luck studying!

Hi! I took the OAT last summer and I solely relied on the Kaplan review notes book, the Kaplan lesson book and the book with a bunch of practice sections.
I found that this was enough to give me a decent score of 360 AA and 390 TS.
I never used Chad's videos, but I wouldn't recommend skipping a section unless you're confident you know the material inside and out.
Also, I highly recommend practicing the Reading Comprehension section; I underestimated that section but it ended up being my lowest score!
Best of luck studying!
Thanks so much! :)