Studying before Starting Med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZashJMJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, we hear about all this BS about study this before starting or make sure you brush up on that before starting.

Now do you actually think it's going to be benifical?

How do you guys feel about it? I start at MSUCOM this fall...

Drop me your insight

*bone*

Members don't see this ad.

absolutely positively NOT....enjoy your summer.....this is what we tell incoming NYCOM students.....im sure the "sane" students from your future school will say the same........

Try a search on this subject, it has been discussed numerous times in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by JP2005
absolutely positively NOT....enjoy your summer.....this is what we tell incoming NYCOM students.....im sure the "sane" students from your future school will say the same........

Ditto. It will be a waste of your time to study in advance. Also, you'll be spending the next million years studying. Go have fun instead.

I completely agree. Don't waste your time studying now.

I would advise you, however, that once classes begin, read for every lecture in advance. Then consider whether or not actually attending lectures are worth your time.

First and foremost Congrats on getting in. Now to answer your question, just find some beach or some party places and lose your head for couple of months b4 starting school.

The only thing you should be studying is male or female anatomy (depending on your preference) and what the bottom of a Jack Daniels bottle looks like.

And if you're really motivated, maybe spend some time studying the composition of the sand on one of Hawaii's beaches.

Originally posted by ZashJMJ
Alright guys, we hear about all this BS about study this before starting or make sure you brush up on that before starting.

Now do you actually think it's going to be benifical?

How do you guys feel about it? I start at MSUCOM this fall...

Drop me your insight

*bone*

just repeat the mantra of former president Bush Sr.

"NOT GONNA DO IT"

Congrats on getting accepted to such a great school. Enjoy your summer....there is no point in studying in advance....I don't even really think it would help because it is just different in med school and you can't really prepare for it ahead of time.

Besides the other suggestions that were offered I would like to offer some things that would be beneficial to do...if you choose

Pay off credit cards....If you have any balances, pay them off because you won't be making any money in med school and it sucks having to just pay interest every month. This holds true for other debts, besides undergrad loans...

Visit family...if you are close to your family, because unless you live in the same city, you won't be seeing them much.....and some of my classmates still don't take the time out of their studying...

I usually always have a list of things to do that I periodically add to....the little stuff that builds up when you don't realize it...so if you can find any way to get organized and check the box on your to do list ahead of time so that you are totally focused when school starts, that would help tremendously....

You definitely need to enjoy yourself though...yes...that goes without saying....(but i said it anyways...oh well)

Good luck next year.:clap:

Originally posted by shindog
The only thing you should be studying is male or female anatomy (depending on your preference) and what the bottom of a Jack Daniels bottle looks like.

And if you're really motivated, maybe spend some time studying the composition of the sand on one of Hawaii's beaches.

Amen!!

A few lessons on the strategy of naked twister and how the inclusion of baby oil changed the game forever couldn't hurt either

Rent an RV with some buddies and go on a 2 - 3 week road trip. That's what I am doing.

DO NOT STUDY!!!! This is going to be one of your last "free" summers, so enjoy it as much as you can! I don't suggest getting too drunk because you're going to want to remember it....after hours and hours of sitting on my butt studying, it's nice to take a break and think about how much fun I had last summer.
I agree with Vince...you're not going to have much time to call, e-mail, or visit friends and family, so do it now while you can. I go to school less than 2 hours from family and friends and I see them once every 5 weeks (after block exams).
So Congrats on your acceptance and HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER!!!!

As a graduating medical student in less than two months, I would study some certain medical procedures...

A) Cunnilingus
B) Fellatio

Q

Originally posted by QuinnNSU
As a graduating medical student in less than two months, I would study some certain medical procedures...

A) Cunnilingus
B) Fellatio

Q

I'm going to have to agree with the experienced and some what erotic mind of Quinn. I mean after all, who am I, a lowly soon to be MSI, to disagree with such a seasoned medical student.

This summer is going to ROCK!!