Study tips from july PCAT takers for future takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayr2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I hope everyone did good on their july PCAT!

So I just thought it would be a good idea if people who took their July PCAT and got good preliminary scores could post how they studied for each subject, what materials they used, or any other helpful tips like what topics we should focus more on. This would be very helpful for those taking the September PCAT or later.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow that is great..math is my weakest subject and Chem :(

Tips for QA section:

-Skip any question that confuses you as to what it's asking
-Skip any question that looks like it will take a long time

There will often be answers that are unreasonable (E.g. Find the average between X numbers, one of the answer choices is unreasonably large or small). Sometimes these questions you can solve simply by process of elimination.

Other than that, it just comes down to practice. Become familiar with the types of problems and practice working under pressure.

which kaplan pcat book is this that everyone keeps talking about? is it the purple one with only bio and chem/o chem. or the general kaplan pcat book?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so nervous. I'm taking this NEXT Friday (Nov 6) and Im' so nervous and feeling unprepared.

I haven't used the Dr. Collins at all, but I know someone that has the 2014 with the 2015 updates. I'm guessing it'd be a good idea to buy it, right???? Also, I haven't even bought the Pearson practice tests but I'm thinking I'll purchase it tonight. I've been studying very off and on these past few months and I feel like I'm very weak especially in bio and chem... does anyone have any extra pointers? This is my first time taking them and I'm hoping to gain admission for the fall ... :confused::confused::drowning::dead::depressed: I've read all of the posts on this thread and I've been taking notes. I am just a very bad test taker (I did pretty bad on my SAT/ACT too), so I'm hoping that if I go in feeling more prepared I'll get a better score....