Study on Rotation???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simon11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay for you graduating P4's how much time did you find you had to put in outside of scheduled work hours on rotation? Were you constantly reviewing and studying your core info in prep for the day? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I did not study until all my rotations were done (around May). I still did not seriously study until after graduation (June). I really studied 10 days before the exam. That's enough...

It's really going to depend on each individual rotation... most of mine though, I was able to get my work (presentations etc) and studying done during the day. A few of them I had to do lots of reading at night that would be discussed the next day. I think one of mine I actually had to work on my presentation at home because we were too busy during the day, but that wasn't the norm. We have to take an exam at the end of each rotation, but those haven't been difficult because the exam is typically over things you've been doing all month. (so hopefully you know your stuff)

Members don't see this ad :)
How about working during rotations? Almost all of mine are inpatient and I know 2 of the 9 are rumored to have 12-13 hour days. But other than that? Am I doomed to working only weekends for the next year?

Most of mine rotations are at least 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday. The longest rotations, for most, is the required medicine rotation. That is also the only rotation which has a final.

the P4 year i heard was pretty laid back....
but disciplining yourself to study is the hardest part