MD Study methods? Using Anki more effectively?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrRiker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN. I wrapped up my first semester of M1 in a traditional curriculum. I used Anki throughout, making countless cards that captured nearly every topic in each lecture. This worked well, but I don't think it was very efficient - most of my time was spent pausing lectures to make cards. Very little time was spent reviewing material until the week prior to exams. Next semester we'll be taking neuro, micro, and pharm and I'm hoping to use sketchy alongside lecture, so I'm concerned there may not be enough time to make detailed cards like I did last semester. I'm also keeping up with AnKing (Zanki, lolnotacop, etc) alongside lecture, but this doesn't go in depth enough to be a primary resource despite directly referencing sketchy. Does anyone have tips for making Anki studying more efficient, or what other study methods worked for you?

Members don't see this ad.

You should probably not be making Anki cards of every tiny little detail. You should think more in terms of big picture and think about the physiology and pathophysiology. Some stuff you'll have to memorize but you'll find that if you're solid with the physiology, a lot of the material comes naturally.

Reactions: 3 users