student presentation topic??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amma

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need some ideas for a topic for a talk I could give the residents at the end of my rotation...Any ideas?? I hate this assignment! - its so tough to think up something interesting/useful but slightly obscure to inform others who know the topic better.
:oops:
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

how about preop embolization for renal cell ca? i did a presentation on that and there was some interesting stuff about it- pain syndromes, differences of opinion on utility, when to do it, and you might even have a little to say about angiomyolipomas as a differential-on CT easy to show and appreciate the fat but you would look smart if you can do it in front of the group.

GrandMasterB said:
how about preop embolization for renal cell ca? i did a presentation on that and there was some interesting stuff about it- pain syndromes, differences of opinion on utility, when to do it, and you might even have a little to say about angiomyolipomas as a differential-on CT easy to show and appreciate the fat but you would look smart if you can do it in front of the group.

The presentations that I did were usually based off from cases I had seen. Typically, I would present a case of a patient and include some intraop photos and then some path pictures as well if there were any.

After that I'd do a review about the patient's illness, going over your basics with incidence, mode of presentation, diagnostic testing, differential diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.

Each one seemed to be well received by the attendings and residents. Also, have the chief resident or a senior resident review your talk before you give it. Their advice is worth the effort to get it done in advance of your presentation date.