Help with case report presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tori's dad

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be presenting a case in a urological society next month. It will be a 6-7 minute presentation, and I am hoping some of you with experience could give me some general advice about case report presentations...Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Intro slide, chief complaint slide, brief history, even briefer past medical history, any interesting physical exam findings. Any radiologic images. Intraop photos are good. Post op follow up. 2-3 slides reviewing the literature on your case. Short and sweet.

occasionally you get the opportunity to run the freak show.

I have given lots of talks about Psa management, lower urinary tract symptoms, kidney stones etc but occasionally the right situation arises to just launch one.

meaning the case report of the guy who stuffs something up his urethra, cuts his penis off, filets open his penis, genital piercing gone bad, or the old penis in the bottle trick. add in a nifty x ray with a freak show picture and you wake every body up in the dark room. If you want to make it somewhat applicable go "franks and beans" --the guy who gets his junk caught in the zipper. This happens and there are details and descriptors on how to fix it. Pop in a picture of Ben Stiller and his dates Mom looking at him and you have forever stolen the show.