Stockton College PT (in NJ)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkrPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!

is anyone else attending stockton college in nj this fall for PT??

Members don't see this ad.

hey i was actually interested in the program at stockton college, and expect to apply in the fall. I was just wondering, how competitive is the school, how many do they accept. I saw that Stockton only needs 1 reference from a physical therapist, (although i have around 5 LOR), and doesnt require the GRE's.

I will be taking my GRE's this summer, have work experience, have a 3.1 overall gpa.
Im very interested due to stockton being in-state, and even with, what seems like low requirements, they do have a 100 percent licensure pass rate. thanks for any info

i have been told that the program is pretty competitive. the last time i checked with the school, they were expecting 22 people to be in the PT program starting this fall. a lot of the spots are reserved for stockton undergrads, which makes it even harder to get into the program. i have talked to students currently in the program and they all said that they like it and feel like it is good preparation. they currently have a 100% first time passing rate, which i think says a lot about the program.

i sent 3 letters of reference total, with only one being from a PT. all of the schools i applied to only required one letter from a PT, so i don't necessarily consider that to be a bad thing. i took the GRE's and sent stockton my scores even though they were not required. i was an honors chemistry major in college and my undergrad gpa was 3.61. i have volunteered in a hospital outpatient PT clinic in addition to working as a PT aide in a PT office.

the in-state tuition and somewhat close proximity to my house were definitely major factors in my decision, as well as the reputation i've heard the school has.

if you would like any other information, just let me know. good luck with everything!