Still struggling with the residency and match closes in 10 days!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So do you guys get an email indicating you matched before you know where (like with med students), or do you find out the location the same day you find out you matched?

Members don't see this ad.

So do you guys get an email indicating you matched before you know where (like with med students), or do you find out the location the same day you find out you matched?

Same day, I believe. I wish I already knew if I matched :)

some programs i interviewed with said that programs (sometimes?) hear a bit earlier on the day the results get posted, and call their matched applicants. pretty sure they said *sometimes* because they emphasized that if you don't get a call, don't freak out and assume you didn't match

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an e-mail containing my match result the day of the match a few hrs before the results were released on the website.

If the match results comes out at noon EST, then when is the email sent? If you don't receive any email by 9 or 10, is it ok to assume that you're unmatched? I know I'm just going crazy with this waiting...

If the match results comes out at noon EST, then when is the email sent? If you don't receive any email by 9 or 10, is it ok to assume that you're unmatched? I know I'm just going crazy with this waiting...

I got the email at 8:00:36 last year. Everyone gets an email at the same time regardless if you matched or not.

For all the pharmacists/preceptors/residency directors...

Is there as much anticipation for Match Day and psuedo-anxiety for you as what is experienced by the candidates? I understand its not as much "make or break" as it is for us, but is there still some feeling of anticipation? just curious

Not the same but I'm still nervous/excited!

I got the email at 8:00:36 last year. Everyone gets an email at the same time regardless if you matched or not.

Is that Eastern time? If that's the case, then I can find out before 9'oclock rounds and contain myself :)

~36 more hours guys. Hang in there.

And thank you for all the past residents for the advice

Really? My preceptor and the resident at my rotation site said that some people get notified at different times.

Is that Eastern time? If that's the case, then I can find out before 9'oclock rounds and contain myself :)

Found out mine at 9:05 eastern during MICU rotation. Had been refreshing email q5min since 4 AM. Recommend some Pepcid for ulcer prophylaxis until then. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Found the old e-mail in my inbox - found out at 8:49am central time....

This is what it said (edited for privacy):

Subject: Applicant #####: Match Result

To: KARM

This message provides you with your Match result for the
ASHP Resident Matching Program for residency positions
beginning in 20XX.

Congratulations! You have been matched to:

Residency: Hosptial ABC

Program: PGY1

Program Code: #####

I am not looking forward to my attempt at sleep tomorrow night.... Ah!

Along with Clutzy, thanks for the add'l info all.

Can someone who didn't match also confirm that they got their email around 9 EST?

Can someone who didn't match also confirm that they got their email around 9 EST?

I have several friends who did not match. They received their notifications the exact same time I received mine last year.

the more I pay attention to this thread, the more nervous I got...
just found some prilosec sample tablets, guess I will have to take those tomorrow...

The same time the "congratulations'!" emails go out, so do the "I'm sorry to inform you..." emails.

You will get something.

Found the old e-mail in my inbox - found out at 8:49am central time....

Holy cow, had to dig mine up too. It was time stamped 8:52 AM. Guess I either wasn't checking q5min or the mail server had a 10 minute lag. Ahh, memories. :D

I was in Ohio, so eastern time. What year was your match? Mine was in 2010.

Holy cow, had to dig mine up too. It was time stamped 8:52 AM. Guess I either wasn't checking q5min or the mail server had a 10 minute lag. Ahh, memories. :D

I was in Ohio, so eastern time. What year was your match? Mine was in 2010.

It made me laugh when I saw it...it was for sure a life changing moment. I wouldn't be where I am if I had not matched at that residency (which was not my first choice).

Don't be sad if you don't get your first choice...you'll end up where you are meant to be.

It made me laugh when I saw it...it was for sure a life changing moment.

Sure was. Me and my buddy were were doing happy dance together in the ICU, oblivious of the surrounded sicker-than-dog patients all around us.

Yeah, no matter what, it's something that'll stay with you till your dying days.

I was gonna say nuh uh, mine was later. Then I remembered... time zones. That, or I was too busy with my Medicaid babies to check my email promptly on Match Day.

I've been trying to avoid thinking about Match Day too much because I didn't want the time to drag by...now I'm starting to get really antsy and nervous. Trying to convince myself that whatever happens is for the best. Good luck to us all tomorrow!