BOTH Step preparation longterm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO1991

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Im an OMS-1 that just finished first semester and am looking to start preparing (longterm) for boards. I want to start now because the way my school works - we do foundational stuff like anatomy and molecular medicine first semester and start systems second semester first year. So I want to have a list of tools/resources I should use to consolidate the material as I learn it for school tests

Also, any advice on how people collected their notes from this point on to look at again when they are hardcore board studying during second semester second year would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance - J !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What I recommend is that you buy First Aid. Correlate your lecture notes with the material in First Aid. If there is something in FA that isn't covered through your lectures, then google it and learn it well. Understand pathophys, not just memorize it.

By the time you start your dedicated study time, you should have good concise notes that cover the entirety of FA. That way you can just review, and not have to worry about learning new material.

Reactions: 1 user
What I recommend is that you buy First Aid. Correlate your lecture notes with the material in First Aid. If there is something in FA that isn't covered through your lectures, then google it and learn it well. Understand pathophys, not just memorize it.

By the time you start your dedicated study time, you should have good concise notes that cover the entirety of FA. That way you can just review, and not have to worry about learning new material.

This is exactly what I'm doing. Not making notes however - Anki all the way.