Step II scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluedreams

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a 4th year medical student applying to Ob/gyn residency programs. I have already applied and just found out that I only made a 186 on my Step II. I made 214 on Step I. How much do you think this will affect my chances of getting a spot??

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same problem as you, I am a bit frustrated, I plan to aplly next year, I think our only one alternative is to improve our Cv and get strong LOR, but I am not sure, I hope somebody help us here!!!:eek:

It depends overall how strong your cv is.
If you apply to osteopathic route it may not matter depending on what you get on COMLEX. Did you score go down as well?

If you want to apply to allopathic programs take a year off do a rotating intership. Most programs like this. Good luck
Diane.

Do you have any interview offers yet? Some programs use Step 1 and 2 to screen applicants for invitation to interview, but do not care as much when it comes to ranking applicants. By ranking time; clinical grades, LORs, CV, and the interview are more important.