USMLE Step 3 CCS, should you select stat vs routine labs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mahanddeem

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm taking the step 3 exam in few weeks.
I did uworld practice ccs cases. And as you know uworld makes you choose stat vs routine if you order a lab or imaging.
Does the real exam ccs cases also want you to specify routine vs stat tests or labs?
I didn't go through NBME practice cases, but planning to do so.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Wondering the same. Saw a post from ccscases that the stat/routine option was removed on the real test. Can anyone confirm?

@Mahanddeem @pip-tazo ; routine-stat options no longer exist on exam. Also, they do not require unnecessary screening and other unnecessary orders on 2-min screen which has been a problem. Consult acceptance must be followed by procedure orders. Do not do 3rd party commercial software without doing official software from usmle.org and learning the strategy. For strategy and knowing several case protocols shown on exam software, ********** videos are the best and show exact software. Archer's latest workshop files do show that everything is stat. This has implications with regard to navigation, decision making and simulation time all of which do get scored. After doing Archer and getting a full handle over NBME official software, you may use Uworld to practice some additional cases. In that way, you know whats is the norm on the exam and how uworld software deviates so there should not be a problem understanding the approach.

Here is an extensive list of tips I compiled from ********** : USMLE - CCS step 3 Tips and Tricks discussion