Step 3 CCS - Location?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

When are we supposed to move patients from ED/office to floor/ICU?

In real life, you stabilize in the ED, and then move to floor. But in CCS Cases, I'm getting penalized because stabilization in the ED actually ends the case?? I'm getting the location wrong in pretty much every single case in CCS Cases

Also for Step 1 questions on Day 1 MCQ portion, do people just watch sketchy pharm / micro, and re-do the last few high yield sections of FA Step 1?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

When are we supposed to move patients from ED/office to floor/ICU?

In real life, you stabilize in the ED, and then move to floor. But in CCS Cases, I'm getting penalized because stabilization in the ED actually ends the case?? I'm getting the location wrong in pretty much every single case in CCS Cases

Also for Step 1 questions on Day 1 MCQ portion, do people just watch sketchy pharm / micro, and re-do the last few high yield sections of FA Step 1?

Thanks!

The CCS grading is a blackbox. No one knows. I recommend you transfer to the floor/ICU after you have a direction on the diagosis (ie concern for GIB, infection, etc.) and complete the initial treatments. Get used to having it in your scheme you organize yourself with.

Example: Sepsis
Treatment: IVF, Empirics, CXR, UA, Blood Cultures, Transfer.

Example: GIB
Treatment: 2 LGIV, GI consult/endoscopy order, PPI, Resuscitation as needed, ICU/Floor depending on clinical status.

Reactions: 1 user
Yup it's a black box indeed. I really wish they gave us some better indications of what they want, but hey, that's step exams.

Can't wait until all of this BS is done with!

Reactions: 1 user