Step 2 USMLEworld self assessment - how accurate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMed2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
World actually underestimated my score by a good 30 points. I think your recent question percentages are better predictors than your overall percentage. In other words, if you are hitting 80+% on each set, you're gravy for the real thing.

I imagine IMG's fare better on Step 2CK than Step 1 because it's more logical and clinically focused and doesn't harp on really any scientific minutiae.

246 on the real ck.
229 on the simexam about 2 weeks prior
218 on nbme 1 prior to studying.

I studied lightly for about 5-6 weeks during easy rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
UW SA was right on the money for me. Got the same exact score on step 2 ck.

Same deal with me for both Step 1 and Step 2. USMLE World SA has been +/- 5.

I would consider doing an NBME as well.

The more predictors that you having going into the test, the better.

Okay, I've noticed after doing the UWorld self-assessment that those questions are longer than the standard UWorld Qbank questions, so they didn't just rehash a bunch of those questions for the assessment. So the UWorld self-assessment must be closer to the real thing. I failed the self-assessment (48%) but took it too early after just 5 days studying to assess if I could take the real thing early, but am now making 60-70% on the Qbank. Not sure how to analyze how ready I am for it now.

Did all UWorld: first 80% averaged ~65%, last 20% averaged about 70%
UW self-assessment (1 day before CK): 240 (72% correct)
Step 2 CK: 247

UWorld assessment: 259 1 week out
Step 2 Score: 264

Personally, I thought the UWorld assessment was much harder than the real thing or the NBMEs as I was taking it but the score coincided with how I did on the NBMEs and the real thing.