Uworld self assessment 2 for step 2 ck, correlation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Morata

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that Uworld has released a new self assessment for step 2ck. Has any one had an experience with it?
How good is it from prediction and quality point of view?

Members don't see this ad.

out for less than 1 week. no way to know how predictive it is for at least 3 more weeks, and then some.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the old UWSA as well, got 232 in the new one, 230 in the old one. I thought the new UWSA questions were VERY hard.
CK next week, will update when I get my score.

Reactions: 1 user
64% correct in both of them (18th percentile UWSA1, 53rd percentile UWSA2) not sure how they correlate, exam in 4 days, will update after I get results

Any updates on this? The fact that it would be more affordable + gives explanations makes me want to get this over an nbme....

I took the UWSA I and II for step 2ck. Results were the same: 254. I will get my real deal in a couple of weeks and update.

There are things here that don't make sense.. "70% correct" in Derm is "0 percentile"..

Apparently for SA2... the difference between 60% and 65% moves you to the other side of the bell curve... (5% would be 8 questions on a SA)

There should be more transparency on this exam... this is terrible...
at any rate.. using the available data, we are all bright enough to draw our own conclusions... aren't we....

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my result back. Here is the summary of all of my self-assessments:
1-NBME 4: 253 (3 months out)
2-NBME 6: 254 (1 month out)
3-NBME 7: 228 :))))) (1 month out- on the same day with NBME 6!!!!)
4- UWSA I and II : 254 (2 weeks out)

Real deal step 2 ck: 257!

I got my result back. Here is the summary of all of my self-assessments:
1-NBME 4: 253 (3 months out)
2-NBME 6: 254 (1 month out)
3-NBME 7: 228 :))))) (1 month out- on the same day with NBME 6!!!!)
4- UWSA I and II : 254 (2 weeks out)

Real deal step 2 ck: 257!

Thank you so much for posting this! I got a 237 on UWSA1 three weeks ago, 237 on NBME 6 one week ago, and 209 on NBME 7 today. I had a freaking meltdown. I'm about a week and a half from test day.

Thank you so much for posting this! I got a 237 on UWSA1 three weeks ago, 237 on NBME 6 one week ago, and 209 on NBME 7 today. I had a freaking meltdown. I'm about a week and a half from test day.
I guess you did not get the memo...

For others that are reading this thread, stay away from NBME 7!

Reactions: 1 users
As a follow up, I took UWSA2 today and got 244. I know anything can happen on test day, but I'm feeling a lot better. 6 days til test day!

Reactions: 1 users
What are the odds that USMLE scores are released on July 5th (the day after a holiday)? I took mine on the 14th and the 5th would be 3 weeks exactly. I hate the waiting...how does a computerized exam take 3-4 weeks to get a score back? I'll never understand that.

What are the odds that USMLE scores are released on July 5th (the day after a holiday)? I took mine on the 14th and the 5th would be 3 weeks exactly. I hate the waiting...how does a computerized exam take 3-4 weeks to get a score back? I'll never understand that.
They are not releasing scores the week of the 4th according to their website

Dropped from 237 to 230 between UWSA 1 and 2, so...I sure hope it tends to underpredict. I thought the UWSA 2 questions were way more vague and had more off-the-wall diagnoses. Interestingly enough, my percentile went up 2 points, yet lower in overall correct by 2 points and that apparently dropped me 7 points in the 3 digit score. I think my score got tanked in UWSA2 by one block that was 12% below the average.

Last edited:
As a follow up, I took UWSA2 today and got 244. I know anything can happen on test day, but I'm feeling a lot better. 6 days til test day!
As a final follow-up, I got a 246 on the real thing. It was probably the hardest test I have ever taken, and I walked out feeling absolutely awful. I was so relieved!

Reactions: 4 users
I got 238 on UWSA1 CK one month before my exam, and ended up getting 229 on the actual exam. :(

My step 1 score was 238...this means I dropped 19 points on CK.