Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bowlofmushypeas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of peds programs that will not rank you unless CS scores are in? Several logistical problems got in the way unfortunately so my date's set in mid January. I've been afraid to ask since there's not much to do about it at this point, but would be good to know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

@bowlofmushypeas I don't think there's any way to know on a program-to-program basis without asking. I suspect most don't care. CS was (still is?) a pass-fail exam, and I think the assumption is that most people will pass without too much trouble.

Anyone know of peds programs that will not rank you unless CS scores are in? Several logistical problems got in the way unfortunately so my date's set in mid January. I've been afraid to ask since there's not much to do about it at this point, but would be good to know. Thanks!

I think UNC is one of them that specifically states they need it for ranking

I think you're going to have to ask each program-- I know there are a few out there that require it.

If you're an AMG, I doubt it will be a huge issue, but you'll definitely have to ask to be sure. There is a chance though that your score will be released on the day rank lists have to be finalized according to the reporting schedule. http://www.usmle.org/step-2-cs/#reporting