Step 2 CS May 22nd-July 16th score reporting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agolden1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was curious if a "order score recheck" box has popped up for anyone who took their exam within the above time frame as score reporting is supposed to start this coming weds (8/17). Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I see nothing of the sort under my Score Report. It doesn't mean anything though. I see the option for my step 2 CK right now and I did well on that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is this order score recheck button supposed to be?

A few days before my Step 2 CK score was released, when I logged into NLES on NBME website and clicked the tile for "STEP 2 CK," the check score report button showed up in the "SCORE" box (I think it was a Monday). On Wednesday morning, my score was released. Other people taking Step 2 CK have noticed a similar pattern whereby the "score report" button seems to herald the coming of a score. I was curious if a similar thing would happen for STEP 2 CS, and if other people were getting it as score reporting starts tomorrow (8/17) and I took my exam within the first week that this reporting period represents.

It looks like so far this week, people are not getting their scores back, but there's still alot of week left!

A few days before my Step 2 CK score was released, when I logged into NLES on NBME website and clicked the tile for "STEP 2 CK," the check score report button showed up in the "SCORE" box (I think it was a Monday). On Wednesday morning, my score was released. Other people taking Step 2 CK have noticed a similar pattern whereby the "score report" button seems to herald the coming of a score. I was curious if a similar thing would happen for STEP 2 CS, and if other people were getting it as score reporting starts tomorrow (8/17) and I took my exam within the first week that this reporting period represents.

It looks like so far this week, people are not getting their scores back, but there's still alot of week left!
When that happened with you for CK, did the website look like it does now? I know they recently reformatted some things.
Isn't it pretty typical for people to start getting their scores on the first day of release? I am surprised you think they might not come- I just figured it was pretty common.

When that happened with you for CK, did the website look like it does now? I know they recently reformatted some things.
Isn't it pretty typical for people to start getting their scores on the first day of release? I am surprised you think they might not come- I just figured it was pretty common.

Doubt he's right.

Yes, it was with the reformatted site. I could be wrong though:shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year also, they did not release the scores of this scheduling period on 1st wednesday, they took an extra week and released around Aug 21st, so be prepared for an extra week folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ah conflicting info! Why do you think this?

I am sorry guys. Maybe I was mistaken. I read here in the forums only. Maybe it was before last year or so. Hopefully we will get the result today. All the best guys.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone else register for new CS application? I wasn't able to yesterday, but I can today and my eligibility period is not expired

Can anyone else register for new CS application? I wasn't able to yesterday, but I can today and my eligibility period is not expired
What do you mean? Where do you see the button to do that on the NLES website?

I click the new button on the left side and click Step 2 CS
When I click on the STEP 2 CS "FULL DETAILS" I see the APPLY blue box but it just has my eligibility dates and registration status complete. There is no extra box there to click anything to apply. Then the three "Schedule" "Prepare" "Score" boxes.

When I click on the STEP 2 CS "FULL DETAILS" I see the APPLY blue box but it just has my eligibility dates and registration status complete. There is no extra box there to click anything to apply. Then the three "Schedule" "Prepare" "Score" boxes.

not on step 2 cs, there should be a box left of that saying new or new application. click that. Try starting a new application like you did when you first registered for step 2 cs

Friend next to me on service just got email. He took it May 25 Chicago. Release at 11 am EST
Thanks for the update!
No email here yet. June 29th.
Did he notice any changes in his online thing? The re-check button or whatever?

Here

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 110
Passed!! Took it on June 9th. No email; just check on the website.

Edit: Took it in Philly. felt pretty good leaving the exam but I probably over prepared for it... Read all the CS cases..practiced cases and writing notes with family. Went through mini-cases 2x. It paid off!

Last edited:
Congratulations guys!!! You all did it, go party!!! Thanks for taking time and confirming. I guess we will get the result in the later part of the day