Step 2 CK Slacker needs advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crayola227

Queen Tinfoil, types iwth a baby in her lap
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I don't want to get into some kind of posting war that tells me what a worthless future doctor I'm going to be, but the circumstances are this:

Have until mid Nov to prepare
So, keeping in mind that I essentially just have a few hours a day to do this

Facts about me that may help your advice:
1) Step 1 226 (I'm not shy to lay it out there)
2) have reasonable cram & multiple choice skills, and all eval tests/score predictors were spot on for me
3) Goal is 230-5 Step 2 CK score, my sources indicate this would correspond to 65% on World (currently getting 53% on the first 300 qs), and while I know this might be unreasonable considering everything, at this point any advice on what you would consider "bare bones studying for a reasonably intelligent slacker to not fail Step 2 CK" would be great

Can I get away with just doing all of the World qbank once to do this? I have First Aid too but not too sure on my motivation to read vs. doing questions. I always read every single thing on the World question page when I do qs, somehow that kind of "random medical topic reading" works better for me than just "straight chapters out of a book"

Otherwise, if anyone has suggestions on how to spend my time assuming 1-2 hr per day max (will likely be more than that but let's be conservative here) between now and mid Nov in order to at least NOT FAIL Step 2 CK, that would be cool. I know, I'm looking for the bare minimum here, and this is part where the gunners tell me my very existence offends them....

Any help would be awesome dudes, I thank you in advance

:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'd say focus on UWORLD and try to get through as many random unused questions as you can...(reading the full explanations and taking quick notes), see your weak areas and focus on that with Step Up to Medicine/Step2/First Aid, maybe a couple blocks of questions specific to your weakness.

But from my experience I thought doing questions helped me the most on test day. Try to get through as many blocks a day...get the World App for your phone and do questions on your down time during rotations.

I blew through UWORLD twice as fast i could. Just read explanations, no notes, no annotating. 2 weeks, and smoked the test. Just blow through questions if your good at multiple choice exams you will be fine

OK, so I don't want to get into some kind of posting war that tells me what a worthless future doctor I'm going to be, but the circumstances are this:

Have until mid Nov to prepare
So, keeping in mind that I essentially just have a few hours a day to do this

Facts about me that may help your advice:
1) Step 1 226 (I'm not shy to lay it out there)
2) have reasonable cram & multiple choice skills, and all eval tests/score predictors were spot on for me
3) Goal is 230-5 Step 2 CK score, my sources indicate this would correspond to 65% on World (currently getting 53% on the first 300 qs), and while I know this might be unreasonable considering everything, at this point any advice on what you would consider "bare bones studying for a reasonably intelligent slacker to not fail Step 2 CK" would be great

Can I get away with just doing all of the World qbank once to do this? I have First Aid too but not too sure on my motivation to read vs. doing questions. I always read every single thing on the World question page when I do qs, somehow that kind of "random medical topic reading" works better for me than just "straight chapters out of a book"

Otherwise, if anyone has suggestions on how to spend my time assuming 1-2 hr per day max (will likely be more than that but let's be conservative here) between now and mid Nov in order to at least NOT FAIL Step 2 CK, that would be cool. I know, I'm looking for the bare minimum here, and this is part where the gunners tell me my very existence offends them....

Any help would be awesome dudes, I thank you in advance

:scared:

How'd you end up doing?

Members don't see this ad :)
How and why did you find this thread?

Funny, Cray and I have the same Step 1 score. Mediocre loungers of the world unite!

Top O' the mornin to ya Mad Jack.

Lately, I have been going back and reading very old posts for members. To "learn" and stuff like that. Kind of cool actually, to see someone's first post ever and then following the posting trend thereafter.

That being said, I am genuinely interested to know how Cray did following the advice of those that replied to this thread.