Step 2 ck lower score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will I match with this profile

• Yes

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

XYZ-ABC

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went down 23 points in ck ... from 253 in step 1 to 230 in step 2 ck... do I have a shot in internal medicine residency.. I am an img

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I went down 23 points in ck ... from 253 in step 1 to 230 in step 2 ck... do I have a shot in internal medicine residency.. I am an img
Those scores are competitive for many Internal Medicine programs.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, just based on those two items - even at the best program in the U.S. What else is on your C.V., though? Or, another, somewhat similar question: what else do you bring to the table?* That matters. A lot.

Last edited:
Your IMG status hurts you more. You will definitely MATCH with that 250+ Step 1, but no doubt the Step 2 drop will hurt for bigger name places.
Also, the statement above is general, as I am sure it was meant to be. But, IMG status can be a big bonus at some places.

Guys I have no interview yet...I applied around October 8 with pending ck score ..I feel out of 134 programs that I applied there is not even one that would offer me an INTERVIEW

Last edited:
Guys I have no interview yet...I applied around October 8 with pending ck score ...my ck score came out on October 18... 1st attempt in CS ... graduated in 2014.. one months USCE 3 US LOR..needs a visa
I want to be dead
I tried everything..
Contacting residents.. calling programs..emailing programs...I feel out of 134 programs that I applied there is not even one that would offer me an interview
Is this what life has come to ? I am so depressed...I cry most of the day ..can't even focus on step 3 prep

OP, I am very sorry to hear about your situation. But before you can address this situation, you have to make sure you are safe and healthy. I'm not diminishing your situation in the least, but you can't even begin to navigate this and find a good solution if you're feeling depressed or suicidal.

You mention you're an IMG, so I'm not sure where you're posting from.
If you're in the US, you can reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.

Here is a list of international hotlines organized by country:
Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org!

Please reach out to trusted friends/family at this time. Stay safe and take care of your mental health so you can be in the best position possible to move forward and problem-solve as you need to.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank u for the concern...I don't think I need these ...One interview is all I need to get out of sadness ... ;( ...

This thread has been reported by several users due to the comments about self-harm. SDN takes such statements seriously and we would like to remind the OP and all posters that SDN should not serve as a place to obtain counseling or other advice regarding significant psychological issues. Anyone who is contemplating harming themselves should immediately seek professional counseling advice, not rely on SDN or other non-professional resources.

Members who have serious concerns about their career and would like to post details more anonymously may do so in the Confidential Consult forum.

Hey guys I have no intention of self harm..thank u for the concerns.. I understand ups and downs are part of life and although I feel low i wake up everyday with a hope that today will be better than yesterday

I apologise to everyone who was disturbed by this post