MD Is end of August for step 2 CK considered too late for ERAS deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to plan my 4th year schedule and I am wondering when is the latest I can take step 2 during the summer and still be on time for ERAS submission in September.

Members don't see this ad.

Plan for 2-4 weeks for score release.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say yes you’re cutting it very close. You want to be ready to submit the day ERAS opens. Any day after is a huge disadvantage for you. Always plan for there to be problems

It looks like the residency programs start reviewing apps at the end of September. Should my score be ready by then?

I wouldn't feel comfortable cutting it that close. What if you're sick on test day and need to postpone? What if the testing center has a tech snafu? Submitting late could be catastrophic

Reactions: 1 user

It looks like the residency programs start reviewing apps at the end of September. Should my score be ready by then?
Should be yes, but like I said you’re cutting it close.

I took mine on August 27th and I had my score report available with plenty of room to spare. You'll be fine.

Is there good reason to delay that long? My sense is that you'd be at your best shortly following completion of core clerkships. After all, Step 2 is sort of a composite of the shelf exams with some Step 1 stuff thrown in. Sooner the better, right?

Reactions: 2 users