Step 2 CK: Help Needed Quickly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saxappeal1

M.D.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN,
I am taking my CK on June 25; T minus <11 days. I just took an NBME that totally body slammed me. Although I got 77 percent correct, the score report said that it only got me out to a 196-- NBME 6.
Now, my UWORLD percentage is about 60-62, my UWSA 1 was a 232, but this NBME 6 of 196 is scaring the hell out of me. I need counseling. What do I do now? Please respond ASAP, I'm pretty anxious.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
SDN,
I am taking my CK on June 25; T minus <11 days. I just took an NBME that totally body slammed me. Although I got 77 percent correct, the score report said that it only got me out to a 196-- NBME 6.
Now, my UWORLD percentage is about 60-62, my UWSA 1 was a 232, but this NBME 6 of 196 is scaring the hell out of me. I need counseling. What do I do now? Please respond ASAP, I'm pretty anxious.

The 1st thing to do is to not panic (easier said than done). Next, know that NBME's severely underpredict so what you can do is study your weak areas from NBME 6. Then take USWA2 after studying to get a better predictor of where you are right now because the most predictive are USWA1 and USWA2 (more of 2) and/or their average. If your uwsa2 is not where you want it to be, then delay the exam and study your weaknesses and keep practicing.

SDN,

How did it go? Can you give any advice? I have a similar experience...