USMLE Step 1 HELP Urgent please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

levothyroxine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a graduate from India, and have prepared for Step 1 by reading Kaplan books and videos and have done the Kaplan Qbank and the exams that go along with it. I have also done other self assessment exams and have done the NBME 13 and gotten a score of 220.
I am planning on taking the exam on Nov 10th and have yet to do uworld.
I have been suffering from a viral fever and have not been studying for the past week and have yet to feel better.
Will I have sufficient time to finish uworld and improve my score to a 250 by my exam date of Nov 10th?

Members don't see this ad.

2 months should be plenty of time to finish Uworld if you've already done a lot of studying. Would definitely give it a shot. Hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I haven't been studying for the past 1 week and still am not feeling better. Do you think I will be able to do uWorld once and revise first aid twice before Nov 10th in order to get a 250?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't been studying for the past 1 week and still am not feeling better. Do you think I will be able to do uWorld once and revise first aid twice before Nov 10th in order to get a 250?

Lol no one can guarantee if you will get a 250, even if you do manage to do UWORLD and First Aid n number of times.

Reactions: 1 user

Yes. Many people get through UWorld + pathoma + FA in 6 weeks or less. So you should be able to do it. But it won't guarantee a 250+

as a rough estimate do you think my score could improve well within that time gap? considering I study.

Yeah your score should absolutely improve if you study efficiently for 8 weeks. How much it will improve, nobody can tell, everybody is different. But you are definitely doing the right thing by using UWorld and FA. Maybe consider using pathoma as well. Study hard and you'll do well. Good luck to you, and again I hope you feel well soon.