MD & DO Step 1 dedicated tips + Anki

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi, starting my dedicated study period (5 weeks) for Step 1 today. I would appreciate some tips.
For background, I have not used any outside resources during M1/M2, and mostly just focused on in-house lectures and exams. I consider myself a pretty average student in my class.
I also have not used Anki much in med school and I don't feel like it does anything for me. But I am open to using it during dedicated.

Currently, my plan involves reading First Aid, doing all of UWorld, watching all of Sketchy Micro/Pharm, and potentially supplementing with B&B/Pathoma for my weaker areas.

My questions:
1. Any short Anki decks you recommend for bugs/drugs/biochem/specific organ systems? I don't think I have the time or patience to do Anking, so I'm looking for less intimidating decks out there.
2. Any resources you recommend other than the ones above?
3. Any tips on how to maintain a productive studying schedule day-to-day? I know everyone is different and I need to find what works for me, but I'm curious about what people have done.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think bugs is really great and not overwhelming. Otherwise, you don't want too many cards. Just unlock anything that you're having an awful time remembering, particularly with pharm.

Dirty Medicine on youtube is a fantastic resource, particularly for biochem, ethics, and high yield images. I highly recommend you spend a few hours with that material for any topics you struggle with.

Reactions: 3 users