Stats for next year.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xXIDaShizIXx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, this question is for when I apply next year, but I'd still like to know what I could do to make my application stronger.

I haven't taken the MCAT yet, but I have been getting AAMC practice scores between 34-37. My cumulative GPA will be about a 3.70-3.75 and my science GPA will be between 3.50-3.60. I have a hundred hours shadowing (20 hours for each: Dermatologist, Otolaryngologist, Pediatrician, a PCP, and an Ophthalmologist). I have about 150 hours volunteering at the hospital. I am a general member of a local Humanist group and I have helped them with various things for about 25 hours. I am the President and founder of my university's chapter of the Secular Student Alliance and we have sponsored walks for cancer (for donations) and other things. I am also a student member of the American Chemical Society and have helped set up presentations for a total of about 25 hours. I am also a member of Beta Beta Beta, Psi Chi, Phi Eta Sigma, and Alpha Lambda Delta honor societies. What are my chances at lower and mid-tiered medical schools? Also, could I have suggestions of good schools to apply to with my stats (I don't care where it is at in the US, or how much it costs)? Also, are there any things I can do to improve my application? And if it matters, I'm a psychology major and a philosophy minor. I have a few other details about myself that I think may help as well. Thank you in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would providing what state I'm from help?