starting qbank early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of starting it sometime early march.... is there any benefit for this? hopefully by then i should have gotten through the questions at least twice. Could this make a huge difference in score?

Members don't see this ad.

I have already started it. My plan is to do 25 questions every other day, go through the answers and annotate First Aid with info and make other notes. Then, after reading FA again, to go through QBank and BSS for the ten days or so before the test. I plan to leave about ~700 QBank questions for that time. (This is on top of our Board Review and all the other crap I am reading:rolleyes: )

i thought about using qbank now, but i decided that i'm going to review everything before i start on it. maybe 2 months from test date i'll start hitting it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm purchasing a month's worth of Qbank in mid-april, and riding that until mid-may when i take the exam. I almost purchased the extended 9 month deal at a cheaper cost, but I figured I wouldn't be ready to work all of them until later in the semester.

Plus, even the discounted rate's a lot of money... :(

I'm purchasing a month's worth of Qbank in mid-april, and riding that until mid-may when i take the exam. I almost purchased the extended 9 month deal at a cheaper cost, but I figured I wouldn't be ready to work all of them until later in the semester.

I took this approach last year concerning Q-Bank. I didnt even start formal study for the step I until 4 weeks where left. I did however spend a great deal of time reviewing path and pharm for the comprhensive finals we have. In those four weeks I had the right amount of time to complete all the usual prep books and finish all the Q-bank questions some twice. I know it is hard not to get anxious about step I, but truth is if you have been serious through the first two years of med-school you should be quite prepared for this test. Try to spend at least one day a week doing something you love, trust me once third year starts your whole life changes.

Starting in March? When's your test?

Mine's on Wednesday, and I got Qbank at the beginning of Jan. I started with the occassional small test here specifically testing what I studied. Once I got through the first round of everything in First Aid and review books, I just began doing 50 question tests on everything. I scheduled it out so I have 150 questions every morning, then spend the rest of the day reviewing. I wouldn't see the need for going through it again, though I'll touch up on some sections where calculations are needed, just to trim it up a bit.

Personally, I find the Qbank questions to be somewhat picky at times, and every once in a while find one that's contradictory and has two answers. I can only hope that's not the case on the real deal.