Mainly due Qbanks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpinDrift

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like simplicity. For step 1 in May I plan on starting USMLE-RX qbank and Uworld on Christmas break and using sketchy, B&B and pathoma to help re-learn my weak spots as I plow through the questions. By the time I get to dedicated in mid March I should be ready to go through Uworld for the second time. Basically I'm trying to do as many questions as I possibly can and only focus on the stuff I'm weak on so I'm not being redundant. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you, so take my advice as someone who is learning as they go. I think the RX q bank is the best one to start with (easier than amboss/uworld, so it helps solidify knowledge and ease into content). I would wait to do Uworld a little later, after you finish the entire RX bank. Sketchy/B&B/Pathoma (and FA!) are all good resources as reference, but I think it is best to mostly focus on questions and anki.

There are two schools of thought on how to do questions: mixed or by organ system. Personally, I am doing them mixed, but I think doing them by system also makes sense if you make a set schedule and stick to it.

At this point, I also find myself completely drained if I try to do more than 2 40 question blocks timed. Slowly building up mental endurance to survive the 7-hour test seems like a good idea.

Good luck with your studies mate! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat as you, so take my advice as someone who is learning as they go. I think the RX q bank is the best one to start with (easier than amboss/uworld, so it helps solidify knowledge and ease into content). I would wait to do Uworld a little later, after you finish the entire RX bank. Sketchy/B&B/Pathoma (and FA!) are all good resources as reference, but I think it is best to mostly focus on questions and anki.

There are two schools of thought on how to do questions: mixed or by organ system. Personally, I am doing them mixed, but I think doing them by system also makes sense if you make a set schedule and stick to it.

At this point, I also find myself completely drained if I try to do more than 2 40 question blocks timed. Slowly building up mental endurance to survive the 7-hour test seems like a good idea.

Good luck with your studies mate! :)
Thanks for the feedback! I'm of the thought that doing mixed questions is the way to go too and that's what I plan on doing. I'm using the lightyear anki deck but I feel like I need to condense it down to about 10,000 cards to really make it useful. There's no way I can efficiently go through 20,000 cards between now and then. I'll probably pick the highest yield topics in lightyear and use those. Good luck to you!