Program-Specific Info / Q's Stanbridge MSOT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousMonday

Reaction score
Excited to start graduate school this Fall at Stanbridge University!
We created a FB group page, so if anyone here stumbles onto this post and is planning on attending Stanbridge in Irvine, California, come join our FB group (Stanbridge MSOT 009)!

Also, tips on how to make the most out of my MSOT program?
What are some relevant part-time jobs/OT internships available to OT students?

Members don't see this ad.

We created a FB group page, so if anyone here stumbles onto this post and is planning on attending Stanbridge in Irvine, California, come join our FB group (Stanbridge MSOT 009)!

Hi, CuriousMonday!

I am thinking of applying to Stanbridge this coming cycle. I was wondering if you could share your stats?
My overall GPA: 3.93
Pre-req: 4.0
GRE: 151 V, 144 Q, 4.0 A.W
Volunteer: 85 hours
Shadowing: around 160 hours (inpatient, outpatient, pediatrics, adults, mental health, and hand therapy, also volunteered as activity therapy aid)
Is there anything you recommend me working on? Thank you!

Hi I was wondering if I could ask you about your experience at Stanbridge so far. I know their application is not due until June 23, 2020 which is late but did they tell you acceptances around that time or shortly after interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I was wondering if I could ask you about your experience at Stanbridge so far. I know their application is not due until June 23, 2020 which is late but did they tell you acceptances around that time or shortly after interviews?
I spoke to someone from admissions earlier this week and she told me to submit ASAP because interviews begin in December. I don't think they're rolling admissions, but it's still best to apply early I'm sure.

Hey! I'm in the program right now, the program is pretty vigorous, but it's been a generally good experience so far with a couple of hiccups along the way that we're still figuring out. The instructors are experienced, helpful, and understanding. The staff at Stanbridge are also helpful and friendly, but most of all, I like my cohort. They really make school life fun, despite the stress we're going through together.

In terms of hearing back... I did my interview in Dec 2018 when they were starting to do interviews and received my acceptance letter one week later. The general rule of thumb for applying to grad school is the earlier the better. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I'm in the program right now, the program is pretty vigorous, but it's been a generally good experience so far with a couple of hiccups along the way that we're still figuring out. The instructors are experienced, helpful, and understanding. The staff at Stanbridge are also helpful and friendly, but most of all, I like my cohort. They really make school life fun, despite the stress we're going through together.

In terms of hearing back... I did my interview in Dec 2018 when they were starting to do interviews and received my acceptance letter one week later. The general rule of thumb for applying to grad school is the earlier the better. Good luck!

I figured the earlier the better, however I am not taking my GRE until the beginning of November. Hopefully, that doesn't hold me back too much... I appreciate your insight though, it was extremely helpful! Good luck with the rest of your program!

Hi, can anyone tell me about the cost breakdown for Stanbridge? I cannot find their tuition rates on their site.

Hi, can anyone tell me about the cost breakdown for Stanbridge? I cannot find their tuition rates on their site.
Year 1: $32,462
Year 2: $32,462
Year 3: $32,461
Book/Supplies: $1,510
BLS/CPR: $35
Equipment: $35
Vaccinations and health checks: $560
2-Day NBCOT Prep: $220
AOTA membership (2 years): $150
OTAC Student membership: $100
Total: $99,995

This is coming form the MSOT Program sheet given at the Stanbridge Info session back in 2018. My friend went to this info session and passed down the information while I was researching programs. I am not sure if this is updated, but gives you an idea of the cost. I believe it is around $95,000- $100,000 for 26-28 month program. Hope this helps.

Hi! I was wondering when did you find out about your interview? I applied in August, but haven't received confirmation that my application was received. I even talked to someone in admissions but he just called to learn more about me, never said if my application was received.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I was wondering when did you find out about your interview? I applied in August, but haven't received confirmation that my application was received. I even talked to someone in admissions but he just called to learn more about me, never said if my application was received.

Thanks in advance!

Hey! I found out my interview after relatively shortly after my submission. I think it was easier for them to keep track of me because I went to their orientation and was assigned a representative after. If you haven't heard back from them within two weeks, it's always better to call/ email a follow up and ask if they received your application and all the necessary documents. (Fun fact about why I do follow-ups from now on: I followed up with USC a long while after the deadline and they told me they never received my application. That was an application fee I was never getting back :blackeye:).

Hey! I found out my interview after relatively shortly after my submission. I think it was easier for them to keep track of me because I went to their orientation and was assigned a representative after. If you haven't heard back from them within two weeks, it's always better to call/ email a follow up and ask if they received your application and all the necessary documents. (Fun fact about why I do follow-ups from now on: I followed up with USC a long while after the deadline and they told me they never received my application. That was an application fee I was never getting back :blackeye:).
Thank you so much! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application? I just followed up with the admission representative! You are totally right! I gotta make sure they received my application first before getting an interview haha

Thank you so much! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application? I just followed up with the admission representative! You are totally right! I gotta make sure they received my application first before getting an interview haha

I think I submitted my application around November 12, 2019 and heard back from them sometime after Thanksgiving scheduling for an interview. :)

Hi!

I just received a call for an interview at Stanbridge for December 6th. I was wondering if you had any tips for the interview? Also, if I were to receive an acceptance letter shortly after do I have to respond immediately, or can I wait until I hear back from other schools in March?

Thank you! I hope your grad school experience is going well!

Hi!

I just received a call for an interview at Stanbridge for December 6th. I was wondering if you had any tips for the interview? Also, if I were to receive an acceptance letter shortly after do I have to respond immediately, or can I wait until I hear back from other schools in March?

Thank you! I hope your grad school experience is going well!
Hey! I survived the first term! :joyful:

Congrats on getting an interview! Tips for interviews would be to smile, be cooperative with the other interviewees, and practice so that you avoid potentially rambling. I think what they're looking for is someone with a team-oriented mindset who can demonstrate taking initiative independently and meaningfully contribute and cooperate in projects with others.

When I was accepted in December, I was given until May 1st to decide on my seat.

Hey! I survived the first term! :joyful:

Congrats on getting an interview! Tips for interviews would be to smile, be cooperative with the other interviewees, and practice so that you avoid potentially rambling. I think what they're looking for is someone with a team-oriented mindset who can demonstrate taking initiative independently and meaningfully contribute and cooperate in projects with others.

When I was accepted in December, I was given until May 1st to decide on my seat.

Yay! Congratulations :)

Thank you so much for your advice! I am super nervous for my interview, but very excited.

Did you get a tour afterwards?

Yay! Congratulations :)

Thank you so much for your advice! I am super nervous for my interview, but very excited.

Did you get a tour afterwards?
Thanks!! I had done a tour during the orientation so I was exempted, but I think it is required to do the tour after.

Hi there! How has your experience been at Stanbridge University so far? I recently just got an interview for Fall 2020. It will definitely be a virtual interview. Do you have any recommendations for the interview as well? Any questions you can remember from it?