Stamped CII scripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How do you deal with stamped C2 RXs?

• Do not fill

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Fill

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Fill after calling to verify

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We keep getting stamped Percocet RXs from a local doctor. I won't fill them, as the DEA states prescriptions for scheduled drugs must be written in "ink or indelible pencil." My parter fills them and says I need to relax. How do you handle these?

Members don't see this ad.

The DEA is quite clear about prescription requirements. Both your partner and that doctor needs to be re-educated. If the doc refuses to reissue the script, I would tell the patient point-blank that the doctor wrote an illegal script. If your partner thinks you're too anal, he/she can process the scripts and deal with the DEA if there is an investigation later.

I would also probably address this with your manager as well.

Reactions: 1 user
https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/cfr/1306/1306_05.htm :
(d) A practitioner may sign a paper prescription in the same manner as he would sign a check or legal document (e.g., J.H. Smith or John H. Smith). Where an oral order is not permitted, paper prescriptions shall be written with ink or indelible pencil, typewriter, or printed on a computer printer and shall be manually signed by the practitioner. A computer-generated prescription that is printed out or faxed by the practitioner must be manually signed.

To be grammatically correct it should say "shall be written with ink or indelible pencil, typewritten, or printed on a computer printer." Is an ink stamp an instrument of writing? Ask your local DEA agent or BOP

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that it's not optimal, but the only ones my Board care about are stickered prescriptions.

I.e. patient info isn't hand-written on the prescription and they take one of those MRN stickers out of the chart and slap it on the face of the Rx.

Which part is stamped? The info or the signature?

Reactions: 2 users
Oh. Then I think it’s likely fine but double check with the DEA agent to be sure. And maybe your state board, if they’re really anal.

It says it must be "written in ink.". Which it is, technically. You dip the stamp in ink and place it on the Rx pad. Written in ink. Is the spirit of the law "handwritten in ink?" Probably. But that's law for you.

Reactions: 1 users
It says it must be "written in ink.". Which it is, technically. You dip the stamp in ink and place it on the Rx pad. Written in ink. Is the spirit of the law "handwritten in ink?" Probably. But that's law for you.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Is "stamped" the same as "written"? It seems to me like it would be hard for the DEA or a BOP to enforce that without more guidance. I would be very curious to know if there are ANY cases anywhere where that has been tested.

I don’t really even view it as going against the spirit of the law. “Ink or indelible pencil.” To me the spirit of the law is more to the concept of non-erasable and difficult to modify than handwritten vs stamped.

I don’t really even view it as going against the spirit of the law. “Ink or indelible pencil.” To me the spirit of the law is more to the concept of non-erasable and difficult to modify than handwritten vs stamped.

You could be right. We have no idea WTF they were thinking.

I think we need @Lnsean to answer this with sources.

I personally could care less if it's stamped. There's no difference between the secretary typing it, writing it, or stamping it in ink then forging the mds signature.

write
rīt/
verb

1. mark (letters, words, or other symbols) on a surface, typically paper, with a pen, pencil, or similar implement.

Is a stamp a similar implement?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we need @Lnsean to answer this with sources.

I personally could care less if it's stamped. There's no difference between the secretary typing it, writing it, or stamping it in ink then forging the mds signature.

write
rīt/
verb

1. mark (letters, words, or other symbols) on a surface, typically paper, with a pen, pencil, or similar implement.

Is a stamp a similar implement?

Why are you still hurt by a debate months ago? It's like you think about me every time you make a post. lmao..this is silly...grow up...let it go...move on with your life.

Why are you still hurt by a debate months ago? It's like you think about me every time you make a post. lmao..this is silly...grow up...let it go...move on with your life.

I just want your opinion so desperately.... And your reactions crack me up.

Bro stop thinking about me in everyone of your post. It's creepy. Let it go.

You know what the admins always say.... There's always the ignore button.

You know what the admins always say.... There's always the ignore button.

But that's the thing...you're not ignoring me. You're constantly tagging me in your posts and bringing up the debate. Everyone has moved on except for you. I get that you're bitter about what happened...but it's months ago. It was nothing personal; I don't know why you are still bothered by it.

Stop tagging me and thinking about me. The fact that you go out of your way to do this is weird and unnecessary. It's super super super creepy. Move on with your life. If a topic interests me, I will post on it.

Last edited:
But that's the thing...you're not ignoring me. You're constantly tagging me in your posts and bringing up the debate. Everyone has moved on except for you. I get that you're bitter about what happened...but it's months ago. It was nothing personal; I don't know why you are still bothered by it.

Stop tagging me and thinking about me. The fact that you go out of your way to do this is weird and unnecessary. It's super super super creepy. Move on with your life. If a topic interests me, I will post on it.

You are welcomed to ignore me.

You are welcomed to ignore me.

Ignoring you will not stop this creepy harassing that you are doing. It's just going to happen without me knowing. I'm sure you've also gone through my entire profile, know where I live, and all that sht. Super creepy stuff people do when they can't get over an argument that happened 6 months ago.

Ignoring you will not stop this creepy harassing that you are doing. It's just going to happen without me knowing. I'm sure you've also gone through my entire profile, know where I live, and all that sht. Super creepy stuff people do when they can't get over an argument that happened 6 months ago.

I recommend you hit ignore before you get too paranoid.

I recommend you hit ignore before you get too paranoid.

Let it go bro. I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I find it disturbing that there is someone out there that took a debate and what I had said so personally. I know you've read all of my profile and posts. Don't dox me.

Let it go bro. I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I find it disturbing that there is someone out there that took a debate and what I had said so personally. I know you've read all of my profile and posts. Don't dox me.

I look forward to your opinions in the future.

The fact that you're still holding a grudge over what happened 6 months ago is disturbing.

You crack me up so much, some day you'll learn.

Please do and keep your word. You've been constantly tagging me, following my posts, and stalking my profile.

I simply respect your opinion and when a law question comes up, I know who I want to hear from.

You should be honored.

I simply respect your opinion and when a law question comes up, I know who I want to hear from.

You should be honored.

I am honored but scared and worried. You should not hold a grudge over an argument from 6 months ago. This is not healthy...for me...knowing that someone took what I said so personally. Please do not tag me in the future, do not follow my posts, and do not stalk my profile. That's all I ask.

I am honored but scared and worried. You should not hold a grudge over an argument from 6 months ago. This is not healthy...for me...knowing that someone took what I said so personally. Please do not tag me in the future, do not follow my posts, and do not stalk my profile. That's all I ask.

Calm down, it's going to be ok

We keep getting stamped Percocet RXs from a local doctor. I won't fill them, as the DEA states prescriptions for scheduled drugs must be written in "ink or indelible pencil." My parter fills them and says I need to relax. How do you handle these?

To my knowledge a stamped rx on a secure/legal rx pad is fine if there is an inked signature. In my main state of practice. Though half the time the stamp is a favorite of a RX mill...Why all you stamp patient need high quantity./rant sigh

How do you know he made the post?
Do you have video evidence?

Actually I also have not moved on and was hoping you would inform us on if a stamped CII is legal or not?

Let me help you out, @Lnsean, please answer the above question.

Actually I also have not moved on and was hoping you would inform us on if a stamped CII is legal or not?

It's sad that you would help perpetuate this kind of behavior and you're an administrator. This has got to be a violation of some kind of policy here. This is pure harassment because you guys are bitter over what happened.

I have always been open to debate, but if this is the kind of petty response and behavior after you lose an argument then count me out.

Last edited:
Let me help you out, @Lnsean, please answer the above question.

Bro you lost the debate and held a grudge for 6 months. I can't help you with that, it's a mental issue. Just stop stalking my profile you weirdo. If this is the kind of behavior you exhibit after losing an argument, why the hell would I discuss anything in the future with you? You can't handle losing.

Last edited:
Hmm lost the battle but winning the war?

Sounds like it.

You can win the petty games all you want. I'm not competing. Just stop stalking me and tagging me in your posts. I apologize for hurting you so much; I just want to make amends and stop this non sense. I'm willing to send you a gift basket if it makes you feel better. I didn't know that winning that one argument would make you hate me so much. I'm truly sorry.

You can win the petty games all you want. I'm not competing. Just stop stalking me and tagging me in your posts. I apologize for hurting you so much; I just want to make amends and stop this non sense. I'm willing to send you a gift basket if it makes you feel better.

Let me help you out.

All I wanted was your opinion and being myself, I had to poke fun of the past and bring up your "where's your source" history. Humor is a very important part of life. If we can't laugh at ourselves, we're going to be miserable and not the kind of person people want to be around.

If you can't handle humor, I recommend ignoring the situation and not interacting with those people.

Let me help you out.

All I wanted was your opinion and being myself, I had to poke fun of the past and bring up your "where's your source" history. Humor is a very important part of life. If we can't laugh at ourselves, we're going to be miserable and not the kind of person people want to be around.

If you can't handle humor, I recommend ignoring the situation and not interacting with those people.

Umm no. Let me tell you something that I find disturbing. This isn't humor. This is someone who can't let an argument go. Tagging me to random posts shows me that you've either been following my posts, my profile, or harbor some crude resentment towards me. It's creepy and not professional. If I want to comment on a post, I will do so at my own liesure. This is not the first time you've done this.

I am all for open debates on the forum but it has to be transparent. What I have now is a stalker who has been flagging and tagging me over the past 6 months on various occasions. The joke isn't a joke if the other person finds it disturbing, creepy, and uncomfortable. If this is how you're going to act every time you lose an argument then why would I engage in such debates?

Please move on with your life. Stop making me the center of your existence on SDN.

Umm no. Let me tell you something that I find disturbing. This isn't humor. This is someone who can't let an argument go. Tagging me to random posts shows me that you've either been following my posts, my profile, or harbor some crude resentment towards me. It's creepy and not professional. If I want to comment on a post, I will do so at my own liesure. This is not the first time you've done this.

I am all for open debates on the forum but it has to be transparent. What I have now is a stalker who has been flagging and tagging me over the past 6 months on various occasions. The joke isn't a joke if the other person finds it disturbing, creepy, and uncomfortable. If this is how you're going to act every time you lose an argument then why would I engage in such debates?

Please move on with your life. Stop making me the center of your existence on SDN.

This is what I'm talking about. You have a personality flaw that you need to work on. There would be no "stalking" if you simply didn't respond.

I have no idea how to get your personal information anyway, rest assured no one is "watching you"

Now please let this go. If you don't want to give your opinion, that's fine.

This is what I'm talking about. You have a personality flaw that you need to work on. There would be no "stalking" if you simply didn't respond.

I have no idea how to get your personal information anyway, rest assured no one is "watching you"

Now please let this go. If you don't want to give your opinion, that's fine.

Me not knowing about it does not mean that it's not happening. You're still constantly stalking me, my posts, and flagging me. You've done this many times over the past 6 months. Ignoring the alerts doesn't mean that it's not happening. I am confronting you now to tell you to please stop. It is not a joke and it's not funny.

Me not knowing about it does not mean that it's not happening. You're still constantly stalking me, my posts, and flagging me. You've done this many times over the past 6 months. Ignoring the alerts doesn't mean that it's not happening. I am confronting you now to tell you to please stop. It is not a joke and it's not funny.

Yet you keep responding.

You really think I'd ask for your opinion again if you didn't respond?

The first step is ignoring. This an an anonymous site who cares what people say if you don't respond?

Yet you keep responding.

You really think I'd ask for your opinion again if you didn't respond?

The first step is ignoring. This an an anonymous site who cares what people say if you don't respond?

I've ignored you in the past and you've continued to stalk my posts, my profile, and tagged/flagged me over the past 6 months. This isn't the first time you've done this. Ignoring doesn't mean that you'll stop doing it. One of you guys actually followed me into the MD forums and responded to my post there and then deleted it.

I am confronting you now to ask you to please stop...to move on with your life...and to be happy again. Don't linger and think of me all the time when you're on here...I'm really not that special and worth your time. It's not healthy.

Last edited:
I've ignored you in the past and you've continued to stalk my posts, my profile, and tagged/flagged me over the past 6 months. This isn't the first time you've done this. Ignoring doesn't mean that you'll stop doing it. One of you guys actually followed me into the MD forums and responded to my post there and then deleted it.

I am confronting you now to ask you to please stop...to move on with your life...and to be happy again. Don't linger and think of me all the time when you're on here...I'm really not that special and worth your time. It's not healthy.

Oh my I'm beginning to think you are stalking me, you can't resist responding to me. Please stop looking at my profile and answering my posts, it's very creepy.

Oh my I'm beginning to think you are stalking me, you can't resist responding to me. Please stop looking at my profile and answering my posts, it's very creepy.

That makes no sense, you're the one that's been tagging me over the past 6 months. You're probably the one that followed me into the MD forums, commented, and deleted yourself.

That makes no sense, you're the one that's been tagging me over the past 6 months. You're probably the one that followed me into the MD forums, commented, and deleted yourself.

Stop stalking me