St. John Fisher WSOP Fall 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone been admitted off the waitlist yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is St John Fisher waitlisting people when they haven't finished interviewing yet? Anyone have any insight into this?

b/c they give out notifications within 2 weeks of your interview. So if they want to save some seats for the potential candidates to come they will have to waitlist some.

All the schools do this. They want the most qualified applicants. If you are young, have only the minimum pre-reqs for example they may be interested but would wait list you to see if they get more qualified applicants at later interviews.

For all those accepted. I would to once again like to remind you that we have already established a facebook group for our class. Please join it if you have not already. We have very helpful information thanks to upperclassmen and involved members. Questions about housing and travel etc can be found there.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_136076906457729

or search: St. John Fisher Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2015

Does anyone know if St John Fisher has chosen everyone they want to interview? I haven't heard anything and I'm assuming I won't at this point.

Does anyone know if St John Fisher has chosen everyone they want to interview? I haven't heard anything and I'm assuming I won't at this point.

Don't be so sure yet. They were still holding interviews until mid to late April last year I think. So don't give up yet. Feel free to call fisher though.

how are you notified of acceptance/waitlist offer? i heard from someone snail mail but do they email you as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey!
i was excited when i got the interview for 4/14 but am sooo discouraged after reading the forum...goin for the interview just to get wait listed wow :(:(

If any of you can please share some tips or experiences or stress level at the interview (esp since there are 3 for 20 mins :scared:!!) would be a greeaatt help!!

hey!
i was excited when i got the interview for 4/14 but am sooo discouraged after reading the forum...goin for the interview just to get wait listed wow :(:(

If any of you can please share some tips or experiences or stress level at the interview (esp since there are 3 for 20 mins :scared:!!) would be a greeaatt help!!

It really wasn't that bad. It was fairly relaxed, one of the questions I got asked was what is my favorite movie. just relax, it'll be fine

It really wasn't that bad. It was fairly relaxed, one of the questions I got asked was what is my favorite movie. just relax, it'll be fine

Thank you for the response! are there any other ?s that you might remember or anything specific?? i would really appreciate it!
i looked through the website its not too informative abt the program etc...

Thank you for the response! are there any other ?s that you might remember or anything specific?? i would really appreciate it!
i looked through the website its not too informative abt the program etc...

It was pretty much just normal pharmacy school questions. they give you a schedule of where you need to be at what time and who you're going to see. The dean talked to us all as a group and then there was a tour and we got a free lunch in the cafeteria, which was good food btw. everyone was really nice and welcoming.

Waitlisted as well. I'm surprised how quick the decision was made and sent in the mail after my interview.

I think there's only one more interview round left next week. If anyone's in that group, don't worry about it! I found the faculty and staff to be very nice. It was a very pleasant experience; not intimidating at all!

Waitlisted as well. I'm surprised how quick the decision was made and sent in the mail after my interview.

I think there's only one more interview round left next week. If anyone's in that group, don't worry about it! I found the faculty and staff to be very nice. It was a very pleasant experience; not intimidating at all!

Hey when did u interview? I interviewed on 4/14....

Has anyone heard anything from the 4/14 interview date????:xf:

I just got the snail mail that I was accepted!!! :soexcited: (interviewed 4/14)
but i have another interview to go to and wooowww abt the 1500 deposit!

Some of you have already met me since I've been doing a lot of the tours/lunches. Don't be discouraged about the waitlist. I sat on it for about two weeks, but made it in and am now a P2. The school still has more interviews to do, and we've had people come off of the waitlist as late as August (accepted student ended up leaving d/t medical reasons right before he started classes).

If any of you have questions, feel free to ask. Good luck and hope to see you in the fall!

Congratulations on your acceptance! Are you thinking about attending?

I am extremely confused whether I shOuld... I got accepted into another school and have one more interview to go...what abt urself?

Some of you have already met me since I've been doing a lot of the tours/lunches. Don't be discouraged about the waitlist. I sat on it for about two weeks, but made it in and am now a P2. The school still has more interviews to do, and we've had people come off of the waitlist as late as August (accepted student ended up leaving d/t medical reasons right before he started classes).

If any of you have questions, feel free to ask. Good luck and hope to see you in the fall!

Hi! I recently got accepted and am debating my options... Could u please give me some info abt the rochester area and why u chose SJFC ? Any info would be really appreciated!

Hi! I recently got accepted and am debating my options... Could u please give me some info abt the rochester area and why u chose SJFC ? Any info would be really appreciated!

Well congrats on your acceptance first off!

I was accepted to a few other schools and to be honest was set on one of them until I had my interivew at Fisher. I was impressed by the school istelf and the direction it seemed to be going. They seem to have a progressive field of work and opportunity. I won't lie and say location didnt factor in, because it did. It was the closest of the schools I was debating between, being only about and 1hr 45 mins away. Sometimes its hard to explain what sold you on a school or certain thing, but there was just something in me that said that this was the school to be at.

Well congrats on your acceptance first off!

I was accepted to a few other schools and to be honest was set on one of them until I had my interivew at Fisher. I was impressed by the school istelf and the direction it seemed to be going. They seem to have a progressive field of work and opportunity. I won't lie and say location didnt factor in, because it did. It was the closest of the schools I was debating between, being only about and 1hr 45 mins away. Sometimes its hard to explain what sold you on a school or certain thing, but there was just something in me that said that this was the school to be at.

Hey celticspride58 thanks for the info! Yeah I'm sooo confused its worse than applying and the entire app procedure lol...hmmm for me location of the school seems to be imp (I knw it shud be last priority n I mean in terms of good area I dnt have a home state/city as such as I'm international) like I wanna live in a nice place as these are the imp 20s of my life! Lol...if ur from ny, how's the rochester area to live in I got the feelin of it bein a very suburbanish city??...wat type of internships can I find over summer(I tried askin the latter to the students who toured my gp. But they didn't have any info).????

Hey celticspride58 thanks for the info! Yeah I'm sooo confused its worse than applying and the entire app procedure lol...hmmm for me location of the school seems to be imp (I knw it shud be last priority n I mean in terms of good area I dnt have a home state/city as such as I'm international) like I wanna live in a nice place as these are the imp 20s of my life! Lol...if ur from ny, how's the rochester area to live in I got the feelin of it bein a very suburbanish city??...wat type of internships can I find over summer(I tried askin the latter to the students who toured my gp. But they didn't have any info).????

Yeah no problem at all! It def. is one tough descision, BUT at least you have the option of choosing... so hopefully that will take away some of the stress. Couldnt agree with you more that location is huge. I am from NY, not the city but a small upstate area haha. Rochester is a really beaultiful place to live if you choose the right area. There are plenty of bad areas there as there are anywhere. The campus is perfectly located and the surrounding areas that youd be living in are really nice as well. I will be living in a single apartment about 6 mins from the school, and its right near a bunch of other central locations that are necessary outside of school life. As far as internships go I can give you a PERFECT answer as I am in the same situation as you and have not attended the school as a student yet, but from when I talked to the advising there they told me that they partner up with a lot of the local hospitals and drug companies and give the opp. for students to branch out. I also know that they sold the fact that they are in a great area for such; and to be honest I'd def. agree. There is a hospital Strong Memorial that is well known and large in size which creates for the opp. for even more openings. RDC, Rochester Druge Company is another co. they partner with and give students some options with that as well.

I hope this helps with the decision somewhat! Don't be hesitant to ask any questions and feel free to add me on facebook since any questions you could message and it would go straight to my phone! Search; Aj Troccia

Has anyone heard from/been pulled from the waitlist yet?

Has anyone heard from/been pulled from the waitlist yet?

I got email saying that I'm still on the waitlist. I really didn't need an email telling me that. I also don't understand why they won't tell me where I'm ranked or even how many people are on the list. Maybe they're just trying to weed out the impatient people. :smuggrin:

Hi Guys!

I had my interview over a month ago and am waitlisted. Any idea how their admissions process is going? I am from Western NY and would love to stay in the area. Have been accepted elsewhere, but Fisher is such a good school. Crossing my fingers!

I got email saying that I'm still on the waitlist. I really didn't need an email telling me that. I also don't understand why they won't tell me where I'm ranked or even how many people are on the list. Maybe they're just trying to weed out the impatient people. :smuggrin:

I sent them an email a couple days ago. The school pretty much said the same thing to me. I hope I get in, it's the only positive response I've heard from the couple schools I applied to.

Hi guys,

I've recently been removed from the waitlist of my top school and I'm going there now. I've just sent an email to WSOP to decline my acceptance. So that means one new seat for anyone that's been waitlisted!

Hi guys,

I've recently been removed from the waitlist of my top school and I'm going there now. I've just sent an email to WSOP to decline my acceptance. So that means one new seat for anyone that's been waitlisted!

Congratulations Pharm1989 on getting into your top school and thanks for the update. Goodluck with everything!

Hey guys, I've decide to accept WSOP's offer, and will be attending for Fall 2011 (Class of 2015). I'm looking for roommates, If you have housing available, or want to make plans for housing, please contact me by PM.