St. Augustine Spring/Summer 2020 cohort

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that I got invited to interview at USA San Marcos on November 5th! :) I originally applied for Spring 2020 but I am changing it to Summer 2020.
I applied for Spring 2020 also but I want to change it Summer 2020. How are you planning to go about that? I have an interview on November 5th and depending if I get an offer, I am unsure how to ask if I can be in the summer cohort instead.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied for Spring 2020 also but I want to change it Summer 2020. How are you planning to go about that? I have an interview on November 5th and depending if I get an offer, I am unsure how to ask if I can be in the summer cohort instead.

You need to reach out to person and number listed on the bottom of the email that invites you for an interview. Because I was in the same boat as you and wanted to switch from Spring 2020 to Summer 2020 and I called as soon as I got the invite. The woman told me it was good I called now because NOW is the time to make the switch if you wish. You need to get yourself switched over before your interview! Because once the interview happens you cannot. That is what she told me. So after speaking with her, she advised me to email my enrollment advisor ASAP and use "Need to change terms HIGH IMPORTANCE" as the subject. Then the enrollment advisor emailed me back and we spoke on the phone because she wanted to ask me the reason (mine was financial) and that is how I got switched over. I hope this helps! :)

I actually reached out to the person that was supposed to do my application review but they never got back to me. I ended up receiving an interview email instead.

That's awesome! I have my application review next Thursday, so I can't help but to be a little nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome! I have my application review next Thursday, so I can't help but to be a little nervous.

This makes me wonder why I never got an application review! I don't know if I should be concerned. But I mean, if I have an invitation to interview...I should be fine?

This makes me wonder why I never got an application review! I don't know if I should be concerned. But I mean, if I have an invitation to interview...I should be fine?
Yeah you should be fine, because the review is to review before submitting. Since you already have an interview then I wouldn’t worry about it.

It's very possible it was just a mistake, an overlook, but obviously you've impressed them, so don't stress about it. I am sure mistakes like this sometimes happen, wherein they thought they reviewed your app and sent it on to admissions. But getting that interview is what ultimately matters.

Just got my acceptance email for Summer 2020!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Received an acceptance for Spring 2020!!! (Austin Campus)

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted to the summer 2020 cohort in Austin. So if anyone else wants to connect let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How is your first Term going? I am still processing and enjoying the fact that I have been accepted.
I haven’t started yet, summer 2020 will be my second term, so I start Spring 2020 in January.

I got accepted to the summer 2020 cohort in Austin. So if anyone else wants to connect let me know!

Hi, when did you submit your application and when did you get an interview?

I havent heard anything back..

So I had my application review, which went absolutely fine. I'm applying for fall 2020. However, she told me I could hear back within 4-6 weeks. I thought the fall cohort wasn't going to start being reviewed until after the December 16th deadline?

Hi, when did you submit your application and when did you get an interview?

I havent heard anything back..

I applied early decision so my app went in late August. I heard back in about 2-3 weeks about an interview and got a final decision 7-8 days later.

So I had my application review, which went absolutely fine. I'm applying for fall 2020. However, she told me I could hear back within 4-6 weeks. I thought the fall cohort wasn't going to start being reviewed until after the December 16th deadline?

Hi OP and others, sorry if this is off topic from the thread's timeline for Spring/Summer 2020.

I applied for Fall 2020 and just had my application sent to admissions by the enrollment advisor too. Not sure when they will start reviewing them though.

Hi OP and others, sorry if this is off topic from the thread's timeline for Spring/Summer 2020.

I applied for Fall 2020 and just had my application sent to admissions by the enrollment advisor too. Not sure when they will start reviewing them though.

My hope is soon. I'm so unbelievably antsy right now.

I've been invited for an interview in St.Augustine, FL on December 6!

• Love
Congrats to those who have been granted interviews and acceptances!

I got accepted for Spring 2020 at the San Marcos location but asked to switch to Fall 2020 (I mentioned the change prior to interviewing. Someone had mentioned this earlier but if you want to change your terms, do so before your interview!)

I've been invited for an interview in St.Augustine, FL on December 6!
Congrats!! Is this for Summer 2020? I had my application finally approved and submitted by my advisor on Friday. So anxious to hear back. May I ask when you applied, how long it took to hear back and what your stats are?

Congrats!! Is this for Summer 2020? I had my application finally approved and submitted by my advisor on Friday. So anxious to hear back. May I ask when you applied, how long it took to hear back and what your stats are?

Thanks! Yeah, this is for Summer 2020. PTCAS verified my application on 9/18 and the earliest available appointment I could get with my advisor, Sarah McAvoy, was for 10/30. I missed the appointment but thankfully she called me back 2 days later and pushed my application through on Friday (11/1). She and the email said to expect a response within 3-4 weeks, so I was surprised when I got an email yesterday inviting me for an interview! Here's my stats:

cGPA: 3.0-3.1
pGPA: 3.47
GRE: 153 V 153 Q 4.0 W

Hope you hear back soon!

You need to reach out to person and number listed on the bottom of the email that invites you for an interview. Because I was in the same boat as you and wanted to switch from Spring 2020 to Summer 2020 and I called as soon as I got the invite. The woman told me it was good I called now because NOW is the time to make the switch if you wish. You need to get yourself switched over before your interview! Because once the interview happens you cannot. That is what she told me. So after speaking with her, she advised me to email my enrollment advisor ASAP and use "Need to change terms HIGH IMPORTANCE" as the subject. Then the enrollment advisor emailed me back and we spoke on the phone because she wanted to ask me the reason (mine was financial) and that is how I got switched over. I hope this helps! :)
I am in the process of trying to change from Summer 2020 to Fall 2020, did they keep your interview date the same or did they push it back since you changed from Spring to Summer? I currently have an interview for December 6th and confirmed, but then decided Fall 2020 would be best and now I am not sure if the date will stay the same.

Thanks! Yeah, this is for Summer 2020. PTCAS verified my application on 9/18 and the earliest available appointment I could get with my advisor, Sarah McAvoy, was for 10/30. I missed the appointment but thankfully she called me back 2 days later and pushed my application through on Friday (11/1). She and the email said to expect a response within 3-4 weeks, so I was surprised when I got an email yesterday inviting me for an interview! Here's my stats:

cGPA: 3.0-3.1
pGPA: 3.47
GRE: 153 V 153 Q 4.0 W

Hope you hear back soon!

So do I! My application was pushed through on 11/1 as well and my stats are almost identical to yours.

Awesome, congrats!! :)

Can you lend some tips for the interview and how it went for you? I'd appreciate it! Thanks!!
It's honestly pretty nerve racking. My interview was scheduled to be at 2:30. They recommend you get there by 2:15, and I got there by 2:19 so I thought I was late since I was the last person. They talk about student resources and financial aide first along with a student panel. They give you a tour of the campus, and my tour guide was pretty chill and helped with giving advice to everyone in my group. The actual interview felt like 15 minutes long. It was me and someone else interviewing with a faculty member. DM me if you want the interview questions that I was asked!

I am in the process of trying to change from Summer 2020 to Fall 2020, did they keep your interview date the same or did they push it back since you changed from Spring to Summer? I currently have an interview for December 6th and confirmed, but then decided Fall 2020 would be best and now I am not sure if the date will stay the same.

Interview date stays the same!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hi everyone! I interviewed today at San Marcos. I think it went well. I just got emotional with one of my responses to the question. I’m not sure if that will be counted as a negative or not. :(

Hi everyone! I interviewed today at San Marcos. I think it went well. I just got emotional with one of my responses to the question. I’m not sure if that will be counted as a negative or not. :(

What question was it?

What question was it?

Well the question was about dealing with stress and citing a specific example. I was talking about how at the beginning of college I worked full time, went to school full time, and I was also dealing with the legal affairs for my dad because he got deported at that time. I teared up while talking about my dad.

Well the question was about dealing with stress and citing a specific example. I was talking about how at the beginning of college I worked full time, went to school full time, and I was also dealing with the legal affairs for my dad because he got deported at that time. I teared up while talking about my dad.

I can't imagine you'll be docked for that. IMO, that would be silly because that is a very emotional thing, especially since everyone knows that immigration in the US is such a hot button topic. If anything, the fact that you dealt with that while juggling so much says a lot of positive things about you.

Has anyone received an acceptance from October 25th st aug campus interview??

I can't imagine you'll be docked for that. IMO, that would be silly because that is a very emotional thing, especially since everyone knows that immigration in the US is such a hot button topic. If anything, the fact that you dealt with that while juggling so much says a lot of positive things about you.

Yes! I hope so too. Thank you! It’s nice to have some reassurance.

Has anyone heard back who interviewed at the Miami campus on November 1st?

just interviewed at saint aug campus for summer yesterday. I have one pre req pending and Sarah told me to fill out a sheet to show it will be completed so I did. I sent it to her but haven't been able to contact her in over a week and I'm worried it will hinder a decision. Has anyone been able to contact her lately?

Should I be worry if my application is still under review 7 weeks after it was approve and sent to admission? No news right now is still good news but I also do not want to pay for next trimester pta courses if I do not have to.

just interviewed at saint aug campus for summer yesterday. I have one pre req pending and Sarah told me to fill out a sheet to show it will be completed so I did. I sent it to her but haven't been able to contact her in over a week and I'm worried it will hinder a decision. Has anyone been able to contact her lately?

I last heard from Sarah on Friday 11/1 that my application was submitted for final review. I then sent an email Monday following up with a question and haven’t heard back from her. Thinking of sending another one on Monday if I don’t hear back.

Hi!
I applied to the residential program at the Miami campus. However, when I had my phone call with the advisor to verify prerequisites, she told me she could not submit my application for review and I had to retake classes first? I'm just wondering if that has happened to anyone considering I already paid the application fee months prior.

Hi!
I applied to the residential program at the Miami campus. However, when I had my phone call with the advisor to verify prerequisites, she told me she could not submit my application for review and I had to retake classes first? I'm just wondering if that has happened to anyone considering I already paid the application fee months prior.

Hey,
When I applied last cycle my advisor never told me she couldn't submit my application, but she did ask if I was willing to retake some classes because I had a couple C's for the prerequisites. I was rejected a week later, and I took her question to be a subtle way of telling me I needed to increase my GPA to be a more competitive applicant. Your advisor, on the other hand, seems more blunt :/

Interestingly I ended up in a group interview with 4 candidates, which was larger than I expected. We were interviewed by two faculty members (I think one was mostly there to observe), and similar to what everyone else has said in the past, they made a great effort to keep the atmosphere as relaxed as possible. It was pretty conversational at times. I jotted down the list of questions they asked immediately after so I wouldn't forget:

-Tell me about yourself. Why PT? Why USA? Why Flex?
-‎What does professionalism mean to you?
-‎What animal would you be and why?
-‎What would you do if during your clinical you were treating a patient and your instructor yelled across the room that you were doing something wrong?
-‎What would you do if a physician put in an order for you to perform ultrasound therapy (contraindication) on a pregnant woman?
-‎What is your learning style?
-‎How do you handle stress?
-What questions do you have for us?

With the "what would you do" questions they would basically pick 2 of us to respond to the question and then encouraged us to respond to each other (I guess to see how we'd work together or something). Overall it was a bit more involved than I expected but I think the flow went pretty well. After the interview they fed us and let us chat with each other and faculty before leaving.

Thanks, this was really helpful! Interviewing with a few other candidates certainly doesn't seem ideal. Whoever answers will undoubtedly find it difficult to say something that hasn't already been said by the other 3 candidates.

I got the interview for the fall of next year! It's for December 7th.

Interviewed on November 5th at the San Marcos campus, accepted today. I sincerely wish everyone on here luck!

Interviewed on November 5th at the San Marcos campus, accepted today. I sincerely wish everyone on here luck!
You didn't have to wait long at all! Do you know if you normally hear back fairly quick? Also, how was it?

Congratulations! I interviewed that day as well in San Marcos but haven’t heard back yet. Are you starting Spring, Summer, or Fall?

I received an interview:
January 14 for Fall entry, USA San Marcos campus

It'd be cool to connect with anyone who will be interviewing this date.

You didn't have to wait long at all! Do you know if you normally hear back fairly quick? Also, how was it?
I interviewed on 10/25 and knew 10/30 that I was in. I think their turn around time is super fast.

Last edited:

Interview process wasn't bad at all. They have an info session and a tour and the interview itself was pretty conversational in my case, nothing too intense. If I could give one piece of advice it would be to be yourself (extremely cliche I know). It's important to do research on the program of course, but a few weeks of interview prep doesn't compare to all of your life experiences!

Congratulations! I interviewed that day as well in San Marcos but haven’t heard back yet. Are you starting Spring, Summer, or Fall?

Thank you, I appreciate that! I'm starting Spring 2020! Best of luck!