St. Augustine Spring/Summer 2020 cohort

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,

I just got an interview invite this morning with St. Augustine Miami Campus-- the interview is on February 27th. Anyone else get an invite? Also, any other last-minute advice is welcome! (-:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I just got an interview invite this morning with St. Augustine Miami Campus-- the interview is on February 27th. Anyone else get an invite? Also, any other last-minute advice is welcome! (-:
Good luck!!

I was accepted for summer 2020 start in Austin, I declined the offer and will be attending another school. Hope that helps you guys, good luck!

So I applied for the summer cohort in Miami but because I am still working on two pre requisites I will not be getting an interview until I submit my final two grades. Everything else I need for the program is done and on point. Has anyone else been in this scenario ?

They also will not let you officially submit unless you have your GRE completed and sent to the school as well. And of course you have to hit the minimum requirements for GPA of course. I know someone who was not allowed to submit because of this.

So I applied for the summer cohort in Miami but because I am still working on two pre requisites I will not be getting an interview until I submit my final two grades. Everything else I need for the program is done and on point. Has anyone else been in this scenario ?
I was in this situation up until recently! I had my application on hold until I finished up two of my prereqs but they made it seem like it was more to help my GPA than anything. I submitted my app finally and ended up getting an interview!!

It’s been really nerve wracking for me because I’m working so hard on these two classes and working full time. How soon after submitting your final grades did you get the interview? My advisor kinda made it sound like it will be fast since I am applying for the summer term and summer starts now in May !

It’s been really nerve wracking for me because I’m working so hard on these two classes and working full time. How soon after submitting your final grades did you get the interview? My advisor kinda made it sound like it will be fast since I am applying for the summer term and summer starts now in May !
So I told my advisor to take my app off hold on February 12th and got an interview invite on the 21st. I’m applying for fall but idk if that changes anything.

I interviewed at the Austin campus on 2/28 but haven’t heard anything. Has anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay well now I’m freaking out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have patience. I hope you hear the good news sooner rather than later. I waited 3 years so I know exactly what you are feeling.

Hey guys! This question is for those who have accepted a spot in a St. Augustine program. I'm reapplying this summer and have started to consider more schools for this cycle. St. Augustine has always been appealing, but the cost of the program has always kept me from considering the school. However, their Dallas program is in full swing and would help with housing costs as I am from the area. I'm starting to consider it more and more, but the cost is still considerably more than other programs. I know this tends to be a personal topic for many, so I understand if this does not get answered. But for those who have accepted, how do you plan on managing the cost? Have they discussed scholarships, aid, etc for the program? I've tried to find information about this, but there isn't a lot of specifics.

Hey guys! This question is for those who have accepted a spot in a St. Augustine program. I'm reapplying this summer and have started to consider more schools for this cycle. St. Augustine has always been appealing, but the cost of the program has always kept me from considering the school. However, their Dallas program is in full swing and would help with housing costs as I am from the area. I'm starting to consider it more and more, but the cost is still considerably more than other programs. I know this tends to be a personal topic for many, so I understand if this does not get answered. But for those who have accepted, how do you plan on managing the cost? Have they discussed scholarships, aid, etc for the program? I've tried to find information about this, but there isn't a lot of specifics.
Hello, I have accepted a seat to San Marcos and that price tag certainly does sting quite a bit. But when Susan from St Augustine told me that 100% of their graduates have been able to pay off their student debts, it did feel really reassuring. My personal plan for paying back this monster of a loan, is to move back in with my parents for 1-2 years while working full time as a licenced PT. At that time I will be throwing all that salary at the debt in order to come out debt free. This will not only look great for my credit score, but then I will be able to start looking for a house with no debt once its all said and done.

Sorry I know its a long-winded response, but that's my personal gameplan :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi so I interviewed on 04/21 and heard back today that I’ve been waitlisted. I know this means that I’m accepted but probably have to choose a different location than my desired one. Has anyone experienced this? I’m looking for opinions on if I should keep my start date and go to a different location or have a later start date but the location I want. During the interview the enrollment advisor made it seem that asking to wait wasn’t a good look but I’m still interested to hear what others may have to say...

Hi, so I interviewed on 04/21 and heard back today that I’ve been waitlisted. I know this means that I’m accepted but probably have to choose a different location than my desired one. Has anyone experienced this? I’m looking for opinions on if I should keep my start date and go to a different location or have a later start date but the location I want. During the interview the enrollment advisor made it seem that asking to wait wasn’t a good look but I’m still interested to hear what others may have to say...
What we're your stats if you don't mind me asking.

What we're your stats if you don't mind me asking.
My stats are on the lower end! But here they are..
Prereq GPA: 2.9
Cum GPA: 3.06
GRE: 155V, 143Q, 4.5W
I had some 1000+ hours all mainly outpatient. I’m currently a PT tech so that’s getting me endless hours too. I also had a letter of reference from an alumni I’m not sure if that weighed into the decision at all but who knows.

Interviewed last tuesday got accepted on Monday.

Hi so I interviewed on 04/21 and heard back today that I’ve been waitlisted. I know this means that I’m accepted but probably have to choose a different location than my desired one. Has anyone experienced this? I’m looking for opinions on if I should keep my start date and go to a different location or have a later start date but the location I want. During the interview the enrollment advisor made it seem that asking to wait wasn’t a good look but I’m still interested to hear what others may have to say...
I'm in the same boat! However, I have had a terrible time trying to get in contact with the San Marcos campus so I can learn more about the options they gave us as an alternate. Have you been able to talk to the enrollment advisor at all?? It's been over 2 weeks since I found out and no one has responded to my emails and the San Marcos enrollment advisor hasn't called me or hangs up when I've schedule an appointment 3 times :p I personally would rather wait to start at my priority choice campus but I want to talk to the advisor to see what they recommend even if it is starting at a different campus.

I'm in the same boat! However, I have had a terrible time trying to get in contact with the San Marcos campus so I can learn more about the options they gave us as an alternate. Have you been able to talk to the enrollment advisor at all?? It's been over 2 weeks since I found out and no one has responded to my emails and the San Marcos enrollment advisor hasn't called me or hangs up when I've schedule an appointment 3 times :p I personally would rather wait to start at my priority choice campus but I want to talk to the advisor to see what they recommend even if it is starting at a different campus.
Oh that sucks! I got an email that I was waitlisted and followed the link to schedule an appointment with my advisor for the next day. She called 30 minutes late and for whatever reason keeps calling my sister (my emergency contact) but she was near me so I took the call lol. The options were clear and I decided to wait it out to be able to start at my choice campus. I hope you’re able to get in touch.