General Admissions & OTCAS Springfield College OT 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BostonOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to make this thread to see if anyone has heard from Springfield College - Occupational Therapy program admission decisions yet. Current students are welcome to put their input about the program!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I emailed one of the departmental administrators at Springfield, this is the response I got "What I do know is, review of your verified application would have been reviewed mid January, with expected decisions in mid March.Acceptance letters will come from Graduate Admissions."
Does anybody know whether Springfield does interview or not?

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think they do interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not think they do interviews either. I haven't heard anything from them at all.

I’m still waiting to hear back!! I’m getting nervous

Has anyone heard anything else? I feel like it's getting so late..

I have not, and I feel like its getting real late too! I already put down a deposit to another school because I have not heard anything from Springfield.

I am in the same boat!

Same here. They must be really behind..

I just got my acceptance letter today in the mail. I got an email today saying my deposit deadline was almost here and I was confused because I haven't heard from Springfield college since January so I called regarding the email and she told me over the phone that I was accepted. When I got home from work I saw the letter.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance letter today in the mail. I got an email today saying my deposit deadline was almost here and I was confused because I haven't heard from Springfield college since January so I called regarding the email and she told me over the phone that I was accepted. When I got home from work I saw the letter.

Congrats! Thank you for letting us know. I still have not heard anything from them so hopefully I will get a notification soon.

Congrats!! I never got any sort of confirmation or notification that I turned in my application at all and I even emailed them a question about the program and they never got back to me. So I'm wondering if they even looked at my application. Just checked OTCAS and it says "verified" so it's there but I don't understand why I never got a confirmation..

No interview is required but they do like you to attend the open house and tour the building. I applied for the fall 2018 MS program. I'm currently an OTA. I called them last week and they told me they send out acceptance letters and NOT letters if you weren't accepted (If I understood the guy right). He told me that letter should go out within the next two weeks. If I don't receive anything by Friday the 13th of April I'll probably give them another phone call.

Nope nothing. I paid the additional $50 back at the end of February and haven't heard anything else. I'll call again if I don't heard by Friday the 13th.

No interview is required but they do like you to attend the open house and tour the building. I applied for the fall 2018 MS program. I'm currently an OTA. I called them last week and they told me they send out acceptance letters and NOT letters if you weren't accepted (If I understood the guy right). He told me that letter should go out within the next two weeks. If I don't receive anything by Friday the 13th of April I'll probably give them another phone call.

Hmm okay I toured the building but I never got ANY notification that my application was even received and I didn't have to pay the additional $50 back at the end of Feb so I guess I most likely didn't get in. But it's weird they wouldn't notify me just to say "hey we received your application!" I emailed them today asking about it.

Nope nothing. I paid the additional $50 back at the end of February and haven't heard anything else. I'll call again if I don't heard by Friday the 13th.
Yeah I paid the $50 "for additional review" too. They said I would hear 4-6 weeks from 2/14, so I hope we hear soon!!!

I didn't even get a notification about paying the additional $50 for review.

I didn't even get a notification about paying the additional $50 for review.
In February I called the college. I was told that I'd be contacted by HR and that I was moving onto the second round of application process. I received the email from HR stating I had two weeks to make an additional $50 fee, which I did. The two week window ended the beginning of March. Since then I was told that it takes 4-6 weeks. This is week 5-6 and I haven't heard anything. I'm sure all the Nor'easters have held up the process A LOT.

Checked gradcafe and looks like they have sent out rejection emails in the past. The two on there said they heard March 22nd and April 11th. Who knows, though. Maybe they aren't this year. I never got the notification for the $50 fee for additional review, but that whole thing seems weird to me. I've never heard of that. Is that normal with other schools?

Checked gradcafe and looks like they have sent out rejection emails in the past. The two on there said they heard March 22nd and April 11th. Who knows, though. Maybe they aren't this year. I never got the notification for the $50 fee for additional review, but that whole thing seems weird to me. I've never heard of that. Is that normal with other schools?

Nope it’s very weird. If I am rejected, I wont sweat it because I was waitlisted at two other schools

I have read other threads that said Springfield has done the $50 for further review in the past... but this is the only school I've heard of doing that. When I got the email, it said that my app has been through "preliminary review, and qualifies for further review". I hope this confusion gets straightened out this week.

Last edited:
I have read other threads that said Springfield has done the $50 for further review in the past... but this is the only school I've heard of doing that. When I got the email, it said that my app has been through "preliminary review, and qualifies for further review". I hope this confusion gets straightened out this week.

So I'm guessing the people that never got the email did not make it past the preliminary review stage...?

Update to anyone who didn’t get notified of paying the $50 fee.

Attachments

• FBB942F2-C1E5-44B9-B764-CF63EE34EF48.png
    FBB942F2-C1E5-44B9-B764-CF63EE34EF48.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 94
I called today and the admission lady said If we get accepted, we will get a hard copy acceptance letter. If we got declined, we will receive and email saying he got rejected. She said that they are still in the process of reviewing, she said we should hear in the next 2 weeks since that is when they project they will be done reviewing.

Update to anyone who didn’t get notified of paying the $50 fee.

Thanks for posting that. Good to know. I already sent a deposit for Bay Path so I'm not too bummed. I saw you're waiting for an acceptance there so fingers crossed for you!!

Thanks for posting that. Good to know. I already sent a deposit for Bay Path so I'm not too bummed. I saw you're waiting for an acceptance there so fingers crossed for you!!

Thank you! I actually just got accepted off the waitlist from Alvernia in PA! I'm thinking about calling Bay Path tomorrow to see how good my chances of getting off are. May 1st is Alvernia's deadline but I really want to commit somewhere ASAP

Thank you! I actually just got accepted off the waitlist from Alvernia in PA! I'm thinking about calling Bay Path tomorrow to see how good my chances of getting off are. May 1st is Alvernia's deadline but I really want to commit somewhere ASAP

Thats so awesome! Congrats! I think it's definitely worth a call. Waitlists are annoying :(

I called Springfield's admission department. They are still "reviewing" candidates. The woman said if I haven't received a phone call, email, or letter then my application is still up for review.

I have received a phone call and email that I have been accepted!

I received a phone call yesterday also stating I’m ACCEPTED! I’m plan on going to the open house this weekend. Anyone else?