Spring Prerequisite Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maj24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just discovered these forums and was relieved to find out I wasn't the only one who had questions about the application process. Ha, If only I knew about this forum earlier :smack:

Quick introduction: Graduated from UWF with a B.S. degree in Exercise Science and looking to apply soon to different DPT programs.

I'm about 80% done with the application process, but I had a question come up that needs explaining. I've already tried searching the forums, but for some reason I keep getting a database error page pop up. Most schools that I'm applying to say that you can be taking up to 2 prerequisite classes while you're applying and still be considered for the fall, but I'm wondering whether or not that means only if they are fall prerequisite classes or can you plan to take your prerequisites in the spring and they still consider your application for the fall?

Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

They mean two outstanding prerequisites at the time you apply. So if you've already submitted and you have >two outstanding pre-reqs, then I doubt they will consider you. If you were going to finish your last two pre-reqs this fall, then they would consider you. There are plenty of other applicants who have fewer than two outstanding pre-reqs so having more than three will disqualify you. It's a way of dwindling the applicant pool.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin for the quick response! So when applying does outstanding mean in-progress? or not fulfilled at all?

Here is more info on my situation:
So as of right now the only prereqs I am missing is probably 2 Biology courses. I have taken Biology for non-majors, but I'm almost 100% sure that won't count. I have some other upper level Exercise Science courses that I may can substitute though (I guess I would need to contact the individual programs themselves). I was too late signing up for classes this fall and I would need to take the courses this spring. I was wondering if that's possible to be considered for the fall? So essentially I will be sending my application in before I've signed up for two prereq classes in the spring at my university.

Last edited: