Sponsored DPT question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTbound23

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm getting ready to apply for the first time to DPT programs this summer. I'm currently a tech and my boss just offered to sponsor my education in exchange for working for him after graduation. Is this something that I should mention in my entrance essays or interviews? Or is it something that is generally not spoken about?

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing is wrong with mentioning it as long as the context is appropriate. It may show the school that you are a good and hard-working employee.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Be carful with this commitment, make sure there is a written legal contract if you go through with it. Also take into account what your salary and pay will be after you graduate. You don't want to get trapped in a situation.

Reactions: 1 user
Be carful with this commitment, make sure there is a written legal contract if you go through with it. Also take into account what your salary and pay will be after you graduate. You don't want to get trapped in a situation.
This is very good advice thank you. I haven't decided if I'm going to take him up on his offer yet or not. I'll definitely make sure it's worth my while if I do.

This is very good advice thank you. I haven't decided if I'm going to take him up on his offer yet or not. I'll definitely make sure it's worth my while if I do.
The DPT ROI is ****, make sure if they give you a job where you are contracted youre kept up with inflation and not low balled like everyone else. I would make sure you can see yourself in this setting and this job for a while after school. Bc they will keep you trapped and will be in charge of your earning potential.

Reactions: 1 user