Southwest Baptist DPT 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Z6ne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I will be attending SBU next year, I plan on flying to MO sometime in Feb. I've been trying to look up apartments in Bolivar, but I've only been able to find a few. Can anyone more familiar with the area fill me in with apartment complexes to visit? Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to SBU as well. Where will you be flying in from?

I will be flying in from Florida. Did you join the fb group as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I requested information from that program and asked them for information on graduate housing/apartments. They sent me information for on and off campus housing that most graduate students live while attending there. They are really helpful. Congratulations on your acceptance.
Peace and God bless

No I did not join the Facebook group yet. I am waiting to do so until i am 100% on going there.

I have and I have been put on the alternative list so far.

I applied as well. I thought I'd here from them in February but my app will be looked at when they send out their march acceptances. They told me that they send out a group of acceptances each month up until their deadline. I think their deadline is some time in April. Good luck to everyone!!

Around 12/18 but it took them forever to review cuz of the holiday and new year. Just give them a call they are very helpful and nice.

Anyone know how and when SBU goes to the alternate list ? Are alternates reconsidered on an ongoing basis and has anyone received an acceptance after being an alternate this year ?

Anyone know how and when SBU goes to the alternate list ? Are alternates reconsidered on an ongoing basis and has anyone received an acceptance after being an alternate this year ?

I would very much like to know as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too applied to this school and if accepted and choose to go I too will have to look for living arrangements there because I live in New Jersey. I applied Jan 13th, still waiting to hear back from them.

I have and I have been put on the alternative list so far.
Would you mind posting your stats? I'm waiting to hear back from SBU as well; they told me my application would be reviewed in February, so I'm just gettting a bit antsy!

I have been looking for living arrangements in Bolivar as many of you have and it is honestly very difficult due to the lack of online advertisement of apartments. I am from Kansas City and I am having the same difficulties, so do not be discouraged.:)

Would you mind posting your stats? I'm waiting to hear back from SBU as well; they told me my application would be reviewed in February, so I'm just gettting a bit antsy!

My gpa and prereq gpa are around 3.0. My application got mailed out in early January. I received a notice via letter just 2 weeks ago. Hope this helps.

Thanks Ekim it helps. I wonder, how much time before school starts should one give themselves to look for a place to live in a new state? a month, 2 months? That should be a good topic starter, I never read about people's relocation process.

PTCAS said it was mail 12/26/12, and i received a letter about a pre req question about 2 or 3 weeks later. I called about the last week in January and they told me my application would be reviewed in the February cycle. However, I saw that someone else submitted theirs the same time as I did and they were told theirs would be reviewed in March, so its just a waiting game now I guess.

Overall GPA 3.2, math/science 3.0, GRE 300
I have about 400 hours experience, in several different environments.
I called again today, and it went to voicemail as well.

They answered my email the other day. They said apps are going to be reviewed again in March.

I have been accepted to the program at SBU and as far as I can tell from our Facebook group, there are only about 34 people on there. Do not be discouraged and try to stay optimistic! :D

I have been accepted to the program at SBU and as far as I can tell from our Facebook group, there are only about 34 people on there. Do not be discouraged and try to stay optimistic! :D

Would you mind posting your stats?

Sure, I was accepted back in October. Do not be deceived by my major. I have had many people give me grief for being in education, but I honestly just love teaching kiddos to appreciate physical activity. I decided my junior year in undergrad that I wanted to help children in a different way and observed PTs in a variety of settings. I then spent an extra 2 years in undergrad completing the science prerequisites to begin the DPT process. I just want everyone to know where I am coming from before they judge me. :nono:

Thanks!

Undergraduate: Northwest Missouri State University
Major: Physical Education
Minor: Coaching
Cumulative GPA: 3.72
Prerequisite GPA: 3.84
GRE: (1020 old) V:148 Q:148 AW: 3.5

Applying: Rockhurst, Missouri, SBU
Waitlisted: Rockhurst, Missouri
Accepted: SBU

Sure, I was accepted back in October. Do not be deceived by my major. I have had many people give me grief for being in education, but I honestly just love teaching kiddos to appreciate physical activity. I decided my junior year in undergrad that I wanted to help children in a different way and observed PTs in a variety of settings. I then spent an extra 2 years in undergrad completing the science prerequisites to begin the DPT process. I just want everyone to know where I am coming from before they judge me. :nono:

Thanks!

Undergraduate: Northwest Missouri State University
Major: Physical Education
Minor: Coaching
Cumulative GPA: 3.72
Prerequisite GPA: 3.84
GRE: (1020 old) V:148 Q:148 AW: 3.5

Applying: Rockhurst, Missouri, SBU
Waitlisted: Rockhurst, Missouri
Accepted: SBU
NO JUDGEMENT from me!!! You got into PT school (more than I can say for myself right now) so you did something right!! Congratulations and thanks for posting your stats!! :)

Thanks cr1991! I hope you get accepted and then join me in Missouri! Where have you applied?

I wonder if there filling up too quickly or something... Did you email becca layer?

Yes, it was not an immediate response though. I get the feeling that they're very busy over there.

I was accepted back in October as well. Since then I have received a few rejection letters so it's looking like I'll be attending SBU in the fall!

s402651, I was wondering if you've heard anything from SBU since your acceptance letter. It just makes me kind of nervous because I've heard horror stories on this forum of schools with rolling admission allow too many people. I know that they cashed the deposit check so maybe I'm just being paranoid lol.

I just think it's strange that I haven't heard a word from them since October when I was accepted. And yeah here's my stats:

Undergrad: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Community Health
cGPA: 3.44
pGPA: 3.41
GRE: V: 152 Q: 155 AW: 4.0

I am on the waitlist for Bradley and have been rejected by UIC, Northern Illinois, and Mizzou. I was waiting to join the Facebook group to make sure that I'll be attending there for sure.

I'm basically in the middle of the waitlist so I'm not anticipating getting into Bradley but yeah I probably would go to Bradley just because it's a bit cheaper and also closer to home (Chicago).

That's what breaks are for.

I could have sworn I replied about receiving a letter from this school in this thread but I checked and I realized someone resurrected an old SBU thread from a couple years ago and I made the mistake of replying in that thread instead of this one.

Last edited:
Yes, its better to be on the waiting list than the alternate list. I was on the alternate list after I applied in October and after repeating a course, the slight improvement in GPA moved me from the alternate list to the waiting list in December.

Why even have two lists? Can't everyone be on the same list but have different rankings? Schools can be so complicated these days.