Somnia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Girevik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on this forum have any experience with Somnia? I know they have taken over some groups on the west coast and are generally not well thought of but I need more specifics. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here please drop me a PM.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone on this forum have any experience with Somnia? I know they have taken over some groups on the west coast and are generally not well thought of but I need more specifics. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here please drop me a PM.

Thanks!

I've never dealt with those people. Basically, anyone you work for, whether a mom and pop operation or a big organization like NAPA or Somnia is gonna try to screw your one way or the other. Just make sure to have things in writing so that you don't end up working for free. Also make sure your tail is paid for when you want to leave. Have a good lawyer review the contract.

Do an advanced search on my user name and Somnia and you can see what my experience was when I was considering a job with them.

Go over the contract with a fine tooth comb. I am not the only one who they told that there is no non-compete in the contract only to later find out that, in fact, there really was a non-compete in the contract. When I pointed it out, they acted very surprised and stated that must be a very recent change. They gave the same song and dance to a friend of mine a couple of months later.

You will almost certainly work a lot more call and a lot more late shifts than they promise. The schedule that they promise is based on a full complement of anesthesiologists. They never have a full complement of anesthesiologists.

- pod