Someone explain this to me...slowly..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why are there still pathology "groups" with non-pathologist CEOs and a half dozen layers of middle management like they are going to Twitter IPO down the road?? Is someone distributing like a 1950s business handbook from a bygone time when Pathology groups made far too much money and drank on the job or something??

Pathology only works well run on the absolute cheap. Run on overheads of 10% with revenue streams netting 85-120K per month per FTE. Run in silos where if things do get bad, if the big one does come (bundled payments??), you can nimbly survive.

That is the lesson for today folks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Everyone needs to STOP putting out any marketing crap out there with a "special interest in breast" or such. It doesnt mean anything. Its nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Probably a good idea deleting your critique of that pathology lab in California. You must have too much time on your hands to write something like that.

Buy running shoes, hit the trail or road.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah I thought about it and it was insanely hypocritical for me to complain about people bullying pathologists and then bully some random pathology group for likely factors beyond their control, skill set and comfort zone...

I dont run, but I do box..will hit the heavy bag next time! thanks!

Why are there still pathology "groups" with non-pathologist CEOs and a half dozen layers of middle management like they are going to Twitter IPO down the road?? Is someone distributing like a 1950s business handbook from a bygone time when Pathology groups made far too much money and drank on the job or something??

Pathology only works well run on the absolute cheap. Run on overheads of 10% with revenue streams netting 85-120K per month per FTE. Run in silos where if things do get bad, if the big one does come (bundled payments??), you can nimbly survive.

That is the lesson for today folks.

I don't get it either. I guess if you're big enough it makes sense to have a high-paid administrator who can contract and help run things. But you have to be pretty big to make it worthwhile or necessary. Our group head and lead administrator is a pathologist (wow).