please explain TC/PC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benignormalignant

Reaction score
We are a small private practice group with a couple of urology practices sending out the work to labs that do TC/PC.
they are requesting us to do the same to get the work.
How does this work?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean? Are they wanting you to do either TC or PC or both??? Sounds like they are asking for full services.

TC- technical component (i.e., preparing slides, H&E, probes, etc)
PC- professional component- your expert counsel

yes, they want us to do both and I am trying to figure out how this can be done.
We do have a separate Pathology lab away from the hospital where we cater to some out of hospital physicians but this TC/PC thing will be new for us.
Appreciate the advice and guidance.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
We are a small private practice group with a couple of urology practices sending out the work to labs that do TC/PC.
they are requesting us to do the same to get the work.
How does this work?
thanks.
Another product of oversupply i which i have been forced to participate or lose the business to commercial labs

yes, they want us to do both and I am trying to figure out how this can be done.
We do have a separate Pathology lab away from the hospital where we cater to some out of hospital physicians but this TC/PC thing will be new for us.
Appreciate the advice and guidance.
thanks.
In the case of prostates (esp the PC) there really isnt much meat left on the bone to share anymore. Have you seen the latest CMS fee schedule, the global for ECPB went down like 10%.