Sofi invest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mark-ER

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone use Sofi, specifically for investments? How's your experience been from customer service perspective, web interface / ease-of-use, etc? I am intrigued by their newly announced no fee stock trading platform. And to prempt any bogleheads, I do not put any serious $ into the market as individual stocks (index all the way), this is just some "play money" in taxable (<1% of net worth). reply or PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

it sounds like almost everybody is going to free transactions on stock trades these days

Yep, but remember, there are other fees: account minimums, account maintenance (sometimes quarterly), account transfer/closure fees, so on & so forth. Just look at Chuck Schwab and (to a lesser extent) Fido... even RobinHood has quite a few of the other fees, even to transfer appreciated stock to charity. So buyer beware, as always. Hence still looking for feedback on Sofi.

EDIT: I decided to go with Fidelity; probably more sustainable as far as "no fee" trading and my DFA is with Fido too (plan to bunch charitable donations every other year to Fido DFA). Anyone else out there trying their hand with no dividend direct indexing?

Last edited:
I never tried but I am kind of interested in trying it out and seeing what it really is. I have been thinking about it for a while even though there are a lot underwater currents that can really bite you in the gluteus maximus if you catch my drift. I am more have been thinking about ways to save money just because I would like to pay of my debts a little bit earlier. I am working my ass off and I have been looking for different tips to save money. I did find a fairly useful article online that has about 20 to 30 tips that help you save some money (If you want you can check it here: https://investedwallet.com/best-money-saving-tips/). I have been using these tips for a few weeks and I did notice a little increase in my personal finances. I like them. They can help you form some fairly healthy financial habits I think

Last edited: