So ya wanna be a CSI????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harbster

Who cares?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is totally off topic...

yo harbster, we need to go out drinking again...it's been a while :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohhh. the glamour of CSI. Actually, the work is pretty interesting. Shame about the rotten pay, eternal squabbles and mostly third world facilities (DO take a tour of the Med. Examiner's office in NYC if you're in the neighborhood). Wash DC couldn't (or wouldn't) even get a board certified MedEx.

Yeah, those TV CSI labs are the nicest labs I've ever seen! The ME's facilities around here are pretty ghetto by comparison.

-X

PathOne said:
Ohhh. the glamour of CSI. Actually, the work is pretty interesting. Shame about the rotten pay, eternal squabbles and mostly third world facilities (DO take a tour of the Med. Examiner's office in NYC if you're in the neighborhood). Wash DC couldn't (or wouldn't) even get a board certified MedEx.

yaah said:
OMFG that's a riot.

Andy you don't ask me to go drinking. :(

Mama's boy might have a lil' bit of premature dementia kicking in.......we had already asked you to join us but your reply was "I would but I'm supposed to be meeting with the rest of the schoolgirls for chocolate milk and cake". :D

Back to the thread........SO YA WANNA BE A CSI???

CSI, I love you man! :love:

Harbster said:
Mama's boy might have a lil' bit of premature dementia kicking in.......we had already asked you to join us but your reply was "I would but I'm supposed to be meeting with the rest of the schoolgirls for chocolate milk and cake". :D

I apologize for nothing! I had to do my extended presentation the next day. You two just insisted that that one day had to be it! But for what it's worth, that was some good cake.

What? Drinking pathologists? Next thing you'd claim is that you've got social skills!?
Are you sure you've chosen the right path....
*LOL*

PathOne said:
What? Drinking pathologists? Next thing you'd claim is that you've got social skills!?
Are you sure you've chosen the right path....
*LOL*

These "social skills" that you speak of...does that refer to being able to drive the microscope?

Harbster said:

actually, yaah said he could have made it out that night...only problem was...we were up in Dearborn that night. but it's your turn to come down to A2 this time so whenever you decide to get your ass down here, yaah can have the flexibility to join us at any time.

yaah, if you got some free time this week and wanna throw back a few brews, gimme a page.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
I am on clinical chem. 'Nuf said.
welll...wtf are you waiting for? shoot, i'd go drinking now but i just drove in, it's late, and i'm tired.

AndyMilonakis said:
but it's your turn to come down to A2 this time so whenever you decide to get your ass down here..........

I'll be in spoilville this sunday at that "all you can eat sushi bar" .........feel free to join me and some of my buds if your hands are not tied up this weekend.

My CSI thread has totally been DERAILED!!!

So you wanna be a crimebuster but don't have the cape nor the muscles like Superman? So you wanna be able to convict rapists, serial killers, abortionists, queers, and lawbreaking hip-gansta wannabes using only a pinch of semen? Well…….sounds like you should be a CSI!

Harbster said:
I'll be in spoilville this sunday at that "all you can eat sushi bar" .........feel free to join me and some of my buds if your hands are not tied up this weekend.

My CSI thread has totally been DERAILED!!!

So you wanna be a crimebuster but don't have the cape nor the muscles like Superman? So you wanna be able to convict rapists, serial killers, abortionists, queers, and lawbreaking hip-gansta wannabes using only pinch of semen? Well…….sounds like you should be a CSI!

which sushi bar would that be? oh wait, is this that place out where you are which was across the street from where we went to last time?
btw PM me your phone number again...i inadvertantly deleted the PM you sent me a while back with your cell #.

yaah told me a little secret the other day...deep down inside, he really does like smelling other peoples' farts.

AndyMilonakis said:
yaah told me a little secret the other day...deep down inside, he really does like smelling other peoples' farts.

lets pretend no one read that post of mine :D

Harbster said:
lets pretend no one read that post of mine :D
ok....now i look like some crazy dude that's talking to himself. yes you have bad gas. yes it's unfortunate. go to the toilet and land a hot steaming pile of poo.

AndyMilonakis said:

This must have been the other Yaah. The real yaah does not care for this at all. I have voices in my head too though, so don't worry. ;)

yaah said:
This must have been the other Yaah. The real yaah does not care for this at all. I have voices in my head too though, so don't worry. ;)
yeah i was making that up and was kidding around...but you knew that.

AndyMilonakis said:
yeah i was making that up and was kidding around...but you knew that.

Actually no, I was crying all morning after I read that, and I had to go out and get some chocolate to soothe the pain. Now I'm fat. :mad:

:p

yaah said:
Actually no, I was crying all morning after I read that, and I had to go out and get some chocolate to soothe the pain. Now I'm fat. :mad:

:p
baby want his bottle?

Harbster said:

yaah, did you have milk and cake for dinner last night?

damn harbster, you couldn't let that go yesterday :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:
yaah, did you have milk and cake for dinner last night?

No, but I did light some scented candles and cuddle under the blankets with some Enya music and a Danielle Steele novel.

yaah said:
No, but I did light some scented candles and cuddle under the blankets with some Enya music and a Danielle Steele novel.
keep it up...you're just giving harbster more material :laugh:

confused_smile.gif

The estrogen is killing me.

yaah said:

I still can't get over the fact that you spend half your pay at "Bath & Body!"

deschutes said:
I have the strongest urge to go roll around outside in the brown slush that is coating the streets.
you like cold weather
yaah likes cold weather
a match made in heaven; you two should move up to northern minnesota where it was -54 degrees.
OUCH.

I meant the trio of you feminized males talking about milk and honey, and silk sheets and scented candles, and sunshine and daffodils.... I felt I had to go muddy myself to bring some balance to the universe again.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Didn't you see? I voted for the 90+ degrees with high humidity!
And hey, it's warm here today - it's only freezing point, and due to get warmer :D

deschutes said:
I meant the trio of you feminized males talking about milk and honey, and silk sheets and scented candles, and sunshine and daffodils.... I felt I had to go muddy myself to bring some balance to the universe again.
you're missing it. yaah is having SITV-fits in the lounge.

Dear Pedro,

NO!!

~
The reason I was "missing it" was that I was actually studying (if you still remember what that word means) - so much so that I misread "sitv" as "sitz".

My brains are leaking out of my ears.

deschutes said:
Dear Pedro,

NO!!

~
The reason I was "missing it" was that I was actually studying (if you still remember what that word means) - so much so that I misread "sitv" as "sitz".

My brains are leaking out of my ears.
I actually studied too...did 100 questions over 2 hours. I feel so proud of myself. I want my 190 on step 2. P=MD. GG K THX!

the lounge is dead now.

AndyMilonakis said:
the lounge is dead now.
Good. I don't think I could handle the spasmodic heaves that place is prone to. I feel pre-ictal. I studied for 4 hours straight - haven't done this since Step 1.
smileydisgust.gif

What questions are you doing now?

deschutes said:
Good. I don't think I could handle the spasmodic heaves that place is prone to. I feel pre-ictal. I studied for 4 hours straight - haven't done this since Step 1.
smileydisgust.gif

What questions are you doing now?
I did the 100 OB/GYN questions out of Qbook. Kaplan really likes to give questions regarding infected pregnant women who are allergic to penicillin...which basically means that the only antibiotic you can give them is water.

What are you studying now?

AndyMilonakis said:
I did the 100 OB/GYN questions out of Qbook. Kaplan really likes to give questions regarding infected pregnant women who are allergic to penicillin...which basically means that the only antibiotic you can give them is water.

What are you studying now?

The books I used seem to like asking questions about fetal positioning and heart rhythms. Oh yes, and they talked about infections. TORCH. :rolleyes:

yaah said:
The books I used seem to like asking questions about fetal positioning and heart rhythms. Oh yes, and they talked about infections. TORCH. :rolleyes:
not one question about TORCH...but I haven't done the Peds questions set yet. Few questions on fetal positioning, non-reassuring fetal rhythms, and the inevitable C-section.