This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colormecolorful

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal. I applied to 15 schools and completed secondaries for 9 of them by the end of August. Now it's October 1 and I've only gotten one interview. When should I be freaking out? Some people say end of October, others say to stick it out until April. What's everyone's opinion?

Members don't see this ad.

LOL. I have NO interviews and I completed 31 MD secondaries between Aug. 22nd and Sept. 10th.

You've already started getting interview invites. Idk why you asked this question.

Reactions: 3 users
There is no right way to answer this question. This is so individualized it isn't funny. I applied to schools in late July and got IIs in October and November but my colleague who applied in June got some in January. No way to tell OP

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL. I have NO interviews and I completed 31 MD secondaries between Aug. 22nd and Sept. 10th.

You've already started getting interview invites. Idk why you asked this question.

I was just wondering what the experience of others was. The only reason I received the interview I did was because the admissions committee actually visited my college and granted anyone an interview that signed up.

You keep chillin until Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just wondering what the experience of others was. The only reason I received the interview I did was because the admissions committee actually visited my college and granted anyone an interview that signed up.
Wait what? How is this possible?

Loma Linda University has a great reputation with my college and reserves spots for us. It's quite convenient haha

That's awesome! Do you go to an Adventist college? I have heard they do heavy recruiting at adventist colleges and universities. I wonder if other schools do something similar...

I don't think you or OP have anything to worry about yet as you were only complete recently!

Reactions: 1 user
That's awesome! Do you go to an Adventist college? I have heard they do heavy recruiting at adventist colleges and universities. I wonder if other schools do something similar...

I do! I'm really amazed at the recruiting they do. It's still really stressful because they're only going to end up picking three people max from my class. I'd barely call it an advantage from other applicants, but it's still a perk!
I haven't looked into other schools too much, but it'd be great if they did.

There's a whole string of colleges in the same association as La Sierra all over America. Loma Linda visits each school in the association

Gotcha. I thought you meant your school in particular had a great relationship that allowed this. I'm surprised that doesn't fill up all of their interview spots.

Say what?? What medical school was that?

My first II came in September and my last one came in February. Completed secondaries all throughout sept.

It's a long road, sit tight man

Reactions: 1 users