so what happens when you certify/submit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H0mersimps0n

HMO CRUSHER
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those that needs to get my app out to programs first thing. I was told to get everything together by Sept 1 and be certified by then. That means Personal Statement and the entire CAV (or whatever the personal data, education, etc info is). When I go to submit application it says "nothing can be changed after you submit" - does this include the personal statement or not?

In order to be on the cutting first edge of applying to programs what do I NEED to have in ASAP to get my app out and what can wait...

After about 8 versions I'm having a hard time finishing my PS and am panicked about it.

I know LOR's get uploaded as things go so I'm not worried about that.

How does this all work timeline wise? It was unclear from the ERAS documentation I read.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm one of those that needs to get my app out to programs first thing. I was told to get everything together by Sept 1 and be certified by then. That means Personal Statement and the entire CAV (or whatever the personal data, education, etc info is). When I go to submit application it says "nothing can be changed after you submit" - does this include the personal statement or not?

No it does not, you CAN still change LOR writers and PS after you submit the CAF/CV, it's only those 2 things which you can not alter after you submit them. At least, it allowed me to add a new PS after I submited my CAF/CV, but you can not change a PS after you've assigned it to a program. You can deselect it for a program and assign a new PS, but they reccomend against that since the program very well could have printed it off already.

You can register for the nrmp right away coz it opened on the 15th of Aug.

When do you actually have to pay anything? Is it by credit card?

When do you actually have to pay anything? Is it by credit card?

It's 40 dollars and you have to pay to complete the registration-- you can pay by credit card, that's what I did, there's another option money order or something, can't remember